Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: International - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hi everyone,

just a quick reminder that while this is a one-for-all topic, information that concerns something that hasn't happened in an episode yet, is considered a spoiler and should be spoiler-tagged. 

You're welcome to set up a media and/or spoiler/speculation topic to talk about it without having to worry about spoiling anything, though.

Thank you.

So was tonight really Forrester’s last episode, or will he be in the next one? If tonight was it, it’s beyond strange, because there was no sign at all that he was being written off the show and no goodbyes for him and he didn’t even have a large role. So what is going on? If I didn’t know the actor was leaving I would have no idea Forrester is leaving. 
That being said, I liked getting insight into Smitty’s backstory, her mom was unsympathetic and rather nasty IMO, I didn’t like her at all, and I knew the informant would turn out to be her bio dad. Did Smitty’s dad know he wasn’t actually her bio dad and the informant was? 
The case was pretty good with a solid investigation. 

• Like 4

S03•E11- Touts

I am surprised that this is a Smitty centric episode. We have met her brother and now we get to meet her toxic mom and her adorable dad. The twist about her childhood uncle being her bio dad isn’t really surprising. I like the COTW mainly because I love Smitty/Andre pairing.

Since this is Luke Kleintank’s final episode, I keep waiting for his character to be killed off in a vapid way ala Jess LaCroix but nothing happens. Seems like his exit is to be done offscreen. Katrin Jaeger, Damian Powell and Jamie Kellett had proper sendoffs, why not Scott Forrester?

• Like 3

♦️ SPOILER ALERT! ♦️

Spoiler

FBI: International Gets an Assist From Colin Donnell With Scott ‘Gone Dark’ — Exclusive First Photos

In the next episode, titled “Gift,” when the owner of a prominent cyber security company is murdered in Copenhagen, mass amounts of data are leaked, sending the NSA to the Fly Team for assistance. Donnell plays Brian Lange, the Bureau’s liaison to the NSA.

Donnell’s guest-starring appearances will air Tuesday, May 14, and in the May 21 season finale. Of note, Teri Polo (NCIS, The Fosters) is also set to also appear in those same two episodes, in a mystery role.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Useful 1
(edited)

I’m not a Smitty fan.  Not a Smitty hater - it’s just I felt she was shoehorned into the show and the actress just doesn’t play her convincingly.  Her backstory didn't interest me. I would say that Smitty’s dad knows and that’s why he walked away at the beginning of the talk about Niles. 

Aa for Forrester’s lack of send-off - it’s most likely because the actor has barely phoned it in all season because he wanted time off.   Which is his choice, but he probably didn’t  want to be on location enough to have a larger role in the episode. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
On 5/7/2024 at 10:23 PM, Xeliou66 said:

So was tonight really Forrester’s last episode, or will he be in the next one? If tonight was it, it’s beyond strange, because there was no sign at all that he was being written off the show and no goodbyes for him and he didn’t even have a large role. So what is going on? If I didn’t know the actor was leaving I would have no idea Forrester is leaving. 
That being said, I liked getting insight into Smitty’s backstory, her mom was unsympathetic and rather nasty IMO, I didn’t like her at all, and I knew the informant would turn out to be her bio dad. Did Smitty’s dad know he wasn’t actually her bio dad and the informant was? 
The case was pretty good with a solid investigation. 

I also thought it was a pretty good case and an engaging episode. And I thought it was obvious that the informant was her bio dad.

• Like 2

Good episode tonight and I like the new guy who’s probably going to take Scott’s place - he has a good personality and fit in smoothly with everyone - I think Scott is dead unfortunately - I don’t see any other way they could write him out. It will be interesting to see how they end the season and if it ends on a cliffhanger or not.  
The case was interesting and I liked the investigation and how it was solved.

• Like 1

I just love Colin Donnell and will watch him in almost anything.  I wasn't sure if he was brought on board as a bridge just for these two episodes, as though the producers didn't have enough time (or didn't use the time despite previous indications of departure, as has been alleged by at least one actor in the Dick Wolf Universe) to solidify a post-Scott plan.

Colin has young children and an actress wife who works on screen and on Broadway, so I don't know if he would uproot them all to become an FBI: International regular or move overseas by himself.  The latter is very doubtful to me, even if he asked for a one-year contract only.  Brian Geraghty (on Chicago PD) was very clear with producers when he joined that show - he only wanted to do a couple years of a tv show, max, and that's all he did.

Anyway, they sure seemed to plant seeds of a backstory for his character that almost certainly will not be fully addressed in the finale, so I assume he will appear in some capacity next season.

As for Scott, I hope they don't kill him off.  Luke isn't appearing in the finale, so however they wrap things up for Scott with him off-screen, I would prefer that he get some final closure with his mother that probably includes him doing something that means his career in the FBI is over, hence not rejoining the team.  Brian (Colin) already mentioned his MIA rogue status as threatening his FBI standing, so just follow through on that and don't go straight to the character death well.

• Like 4

I kinda like the new guy, he fit in rather smoothly. I like his demeanor as he's not the bull in a china shop type. For them to give him a backstory from the jump signifies to me that he's Scott's replacement. The case was decent and I like it when Andre and Smitty team up. Speaking of Andre with Scott gone i'm hoping that he will get more focus, I would love more Andre centric episodes. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, mommalib said:

I kinda like the new guy, he fit in rather smoothly. I like his demeanor as he's not the bull in a china shop type. For them to give him a backstory from the jump signifies to me that he's Scott's replacement.

As long as he doesn't chew the scenery like Dylan McDermott does on Most Wanted I'll give him a chance.

• Applause 1

S03•E12- Gift

Sorry Harald! I don’t believe for a second that Andre has calloused knuckles. He would never… 🙄

Talking about Andre, his legs seem fine during the running/chasing/jumping scenes. A TV miracle!

At this point, Brian Lange is pretty likeable and seems to be the type who always hit the ground running. We even have a sneak peek into his backstory.

Angela Cassidy is the LEAST interesting part of Scott Forrester. Making her the reason for Scott “going dark” is just clumsy, random and meh. Sadly, there won’t be a big sendoff for Scott. What’s going to happen to Tank? 😥

Spoiler

Isn’t Teri Polo supposed to appear in the final 2 episodes? So where is she??!

• Like 1