Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E16: Live Top 9 Results

• Start Topic

The top vote-getter from each team earns a spot in the finale. The remaining artists then compete in a five-way Instant Save for a chance to earn the fifth and final spot in the finale.

Original airdate: 5/18/21

(edited)

Not surprised to see Jordan take the 5th spot. I don’t find him an inspired vocalist but he’s got performing down pat. PIA had some wild off notes in her sing off. 

Edited by Quickbeam
Typo

IMO Jordan did not deserve the last spot, he sounds like all the rock singers I've heard in a bar. I do think he sang the best song though, maybe because I'm old but I didn't know any of the other songs. I think instead of singing slow songs when your fighting for the last spot maybe sing a fun upbeat song, one the audience will sing along with and remember when it's time to vote. But I also don't think any of the ones that needed to be saved would win.

It's going to be between Kelly's county guy that's super dull and Cam and I think Nick's girl, Rachael? will come in third.

It was nice seeing Jake again, he was my favorite the season he won. I didn't know Kelly cut a song with him. That's cool that she helps her team the way she does, I like that about her.

I read that Adam will be back next week with his band singing their new song.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

IMO Jordan did not deserve the last spot, he sounds like all the rock singers I've heard in a bar. I do think he sang the best song though, maybe because I'm old but I didn't know any of the other songs. I think instead of singing slow songs when your fighting for the last spot maybe sing a fun upbeat song, one the audience will sing along with and remember when it's time to vote. But I also don't think any of the ones that needed to be saved would win.

It's going to be between Kelly's county guy that's super dull and Cam and I think Nick's girl, Rachael? will come in third.

It was nice seeing Jake again, he was my favorite the season he won. I didn't know Kelly cut a song with him. That's cool that she helps her team the way she does, I like that about her.

I read that Adam will be back next week with his band singing their new song.

I agree that the top two will be Kenzie and Cam with Rachel coming in third.  With the demo, I could also see Victor coming in third with another gospel song.

Jordan sang o.k. but the song isn't particularly challenging for a vocal competition.  It is a popular song though.  I liked Dana the best in the IS but if she didn't win the vote last week, she wasn't going to win this week.

Best part was Jake and Kelly's duet.  They sound great together.  It is nice that she helps her contestants.  I think Blake does too.

• Love 2

Kelly, like always, was amazing on that duet.

I do agree with the idea of "sing an upbeat song." Unless you deliver the world's best, move everyone watching to tears performance of a slow song, it has lower energy--and it's more moving to vote for someone who peps you up

• Love 2