Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Choose Your Words Wisely

• Start Topic

As the competitors are paired off to produce a video campaign for BStrong, Bethenny’s disaster relief initiative, who will impress the boss with their execution, and who will crumble in the face of chaos?

Original air date 2021.05.13

After Miloksy asked Wendy if she just came here to be famous, and said that's not a good idea, there was no denial shown from Wendy.  I have no idea if Wendy DID deny it, but it was definitely not shown on camera, I don't think.

I would have thought that Bruno (?) was gay.  Also, the blue contacts, the plastic surgery, it is all just a bit much!

I thought that Ice T's ex CEO would be overqualified for this bunch but then he immediately wilted or Bethenny crushed him, I guess.  Pretty funny.

• Love 2

Oh Sorry.  I just thought of my other comment.  Bethenny is so offended that a normal person might think that she was a housewife.  I think that the word "housewife" is hilarious in 2021, and somebody used that word with me recently and I burst out laughing and said "Housewife?  Are there housewives anymore?  Is this 1950?"  But....... Does Bethenny know what show she is famous from?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I do not understand why Bethenny brought Brody back to “interview” for this shit show.  But at least he was at the initial cocktail party (that was NOT a a cocktail party per B).  John was just some rando off the street just like Kristin (??-I can’t remember her name and I am not that invested to look it up).  Where/why is she finding the surplus fake applicants?  One would assume she culled the herd to get down to the dozen or so “best” fake applicants who showed up on the first ep.  But now instead there’s a 2nd pool of mystery candidates that just come through some revolving door she installed?  Why? I guess I am glad neither Brody nor John were  offered some faux “job” on their way back out the door.

I knew Bethenny and I are both Scorpios who are not afraid to let our stingers strike.  We’re both OCD (she is crazy-extra OCD; I’m just <this> side of cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs OCD).  And now I discovered we are both commanders of the grammar SWAT team!  Pretty sure that’s where the similarities end though (unless she moves to Boston).

• Love 4
(edited)

I think that the grammar/spelling issue is just basic.  Everyone in the professional world needs to be able to spell or at least be smart enough to use a dictionary/spellcheck and everyone needs to know basic grammar.  That's not really a real "thing" in my mind, to care about that.  Everyone cares about that; that's a baseline.  It's like not smelling bad at work.   It's just being professional 101 (in my opinion).  

How do you feel when you read a job ad with spelling and grammar mistakes?
How would you feel if you caught a typo on your resume?
Everyone needs to know this stuff, and if they don't, they need to learn quickly.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think that the grammar/spelling issue is just basic.  Everyone in the professional world needs to be able to spell or at least be smart enough to use a dictionary/spellcheck and everyone needs to know basic grammar. 

Agree 100%. It should be a basic skill, but I am constantly amazed and appalled at the errors I see on a daily basis.  I work for a Fortune 500 company, and the spelling errors and grammatical mistakes from some of the managers, directors and VP’s is astounding.  I don’t mean just on internal memos or emails either.  Marketing materials with run on sentences, incomplete sentences, dangling participles, mixed use of possessives in the same sentences, lack of punctuation... Don’t get me started on the haphazard use of there/their/they’re and to/too. It’s as if no one proof reads or reads it out loud before hitting the send button.

• Love 5

Bringing a new person in and an old person back only to fire them after one task is just stupid! This show had almost no credibility to begin with, why make it worse?!

At least this episode had a well defined task and Bethenny gave decent feedback, but then she again totally crumbled when it came time for the "you're fired!" 

This is episode 5 and I have no idea what business skills any of these candidates have. I only know which ones coddle Bethenny to the degree that she likes when she is around. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Agree 100%. It should be a basic skill, but I am constantly amazed and appalled at the errors I see on a daily basis.  I work for a Fortune 500 company, and the spelling errors and grammatical mistakes from some of the managers, directors and VP’s is astounding.  I don’t mean just on internal memos or emails either.  Marketing materials with run on sentences, incomplete sentences, dangling participles, mixed use of possessives in the same sentences, lack of punctuation... Don’t get me started on the haphazard use of there/their/they’re and to/too. It’s as if no one proof reads or reads it out loud before hitting the send button.

Yeah, and people smell bad at work too.  I just think it's funny for Bethenny to announce that she's crazy about spelling and grammar as if that should not be a basic requirement of being in the professional world.  But, to each their own because there are some work rules that I don't care about either.

• Love 1