Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E34: Courtney & Chris

Courtney has been mad in love with her Turkish boyfriend for 3 years, but she met Chris roleplaying and is wondering if he’s just a fantasy? Nev and Kamie cross digital borders to hunt the identity of her international mystery man!

Airdate: May 11, 2021

• Love 2

Newsflash…”Chris” is a woman. I have no doubt that she is a gay woman that has to identify as a male with some kind of a hormonal imbalance that represses “his” male hormones. Given the fact that Turkey has become a less tolerant place for LGBQT people in recent years it makes sense that someone who is gay, lesbian or trans would have to disguise their real selves in order to survive. I think Nev and Cami knew this but went along with the ruse so as not to create more problems for “Chris”. 

• Love 13
On 5/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Newsflash…”Chris” is a woman. I have no doubt that she is a gay woman that has to identify as a male with some kind of a hormonal imbalance that represses “his” male hormones. Given the fact that Turkey has become a less tolerant place for LGBQT people in recent years it makes sense that someone who is gay, lesbian or trans would have to disguise their real selves in order to survive. I think Nev and Cami knew this but went along with the ruse so as not to create more problems for “Chris”. 

I completely agree. 

• Useful 1
On 5/12/2021 at 2:34 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

I came here to find out this very thing. I just couldn't help but feel that Chris was transgendered - or, now that you say it, a lesbian - who was pretending to have a hormonal imbalance. He didn't even mention the name of the condition. How awful for him that he has to go to such extremes to hide himself.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I came here to find out this very thing. I just couldn't help but feel that Chris was transgendered - or, now that you say it, a lesbian - who was pretending to have a hormonal imbalance. He didn't even mention the name of the condition. How awful for him that he has to go to such extremes to hide himself.

It is totally unacceptable in that part of the world to be gay or trans...you risk getting beat up or arrested. I lived in Turkey many years ago after Ataturk came into power and "modernized" Turkey. Women were allowed to take off their head scarves, wear western clothes, go to college, etc...now it's changed. It's going backwards with stricter Muslim practices and intolerance of LGBTQ and women's equality. So sad.