Type keyword(s) to search

CBS please cancel The Talk

Noname
  • Start Topic

CBS please cancel The Talk, after losing Sharon OSBOURNE  and now Carrie Ann the show is worthless, Sheryl Underwood is full of herself gets on my nerves. Replace with another game show ,soap another talk show anything The Talk is sinking fast in ratings.

• LOL 1

The premise of the thread, canceling this piece of garbage, is correct.  Just not the rationale that Sharon was what keeping it from being garbage. 

I'd like to see figures if ones exist that support an argument she was some kind of ratings magnet. I'm doubting she was, other than a huge bump right after she said her idiotic crap.  I think the show's been last place for years, maybe always, with or without Sharon. 

• Love 2
On 5/11/2021 at 10:14 PM, Kromm said:

The premise of the thread, canceling this piece of garbage, is correct.  Just not the rationale that Sharon was what keeping it from being garbage. 

I'd like to see figures if ones exist that support an argument she was some kind of ratings magnet. I'm doubting she was, other than a huge bump right after she said her idiotic crap.  I think the show's been last place for years, maybe always, with or without Sharon. 

The only info that has been made available is that the show has dropped even further in the ratings (they've been in very last place all season long) since they came back on April 12, without Osbourne. So it looks like Osbourne did draw in her fans and her dedicated followers (I'm neither one) and apparently they left the show with her.

The answer to this show's survival is NOT Jerry O'Connell.

I don't know about canceling, but definitely an overhaul.  

Once Sara Gilbert departed, Sharon Osbourne was the "name" that was left, but Carrie Ann took the lead on the conversation (from the few times I have watched.)  Now Sharon is gone (what she brought in terms of ratings is subject to debate) and Carrie Ann is on extended leave.  Which leaves...the 3 that are left.

Sheryl is ok when it comes to adding to the conversation, but I find her very awkward in terms of starting and opening them.  Amanda and Elaine are still new and then Elaine goes back to New York for filming Project Runway so she's on a screen just like Eve was most of last season.  So you have two hosts that are in studio but are lightweights, your third is across the country and the fourth is gone until who knows when.   And you add Jerry who is either bringing SOMETHING to the table or brings too much of something.  

• Love 1
On 5/26/2021 at 9:26 AM, mtlchick said:

I don't know about canceling, but definitely an overhaul.  

Once Sara Gilbert departed, Sharon Osbourne was the "name" that was left, but Carrie Ann took the lead on the conversation (from the few times I have watched.)  Now Sharon is gone (what she brought in terms of ratings is subject to debate) and Carrie Ann is on extended leave.  Which leaves...the 3 that are left.

This show can't survive with the JV team.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:26 AM, mtlchick said:

Sheryl is ok when it comes to adding to the conversation, but I find her very awkward in terms of starting and opening them.  Amanda and Elaine are still new and then Elaine goes back to New York for filming Project Runway so she's on a screen just like Eve was most of last season.  So you have two hosts that are in studio but are lightweights, your third is across the country and the fourth is gone until who knows when.   And you add Jerry who is either bringing SOMETHING to the table or brings too much of something.  

I agree with you.  I have not watched with Jerry, so I don't know how he does on the show.  I have seen him host Wendy as well as appear many times on What What Happens Live.  But I don't want him as a host either.  It should remain an all female hosted show.  

• Love 1

While I've never been a big fan of this series--and part of me would laugh if it got cancelled considering how much it came gunning for The View despite being a pale imitation of that show--I don't want it to get cancelled simply because Sharon Osbourne would be happy about that. I think it can be a decent talkshow the same way The Real is now she’s removed, they just need to find some good castmembers.

Hiring a male co-host is the worst decision they could make, imo. I think that would only work if the man is LGBT, no offense, jmo. I still feel like the only way to “save” this show rather than simply coasting is to hire at least one big name most people would know. After all, when this show started, it was with several people everyone knew (Leah Remini, Osbourne, Julie Chen). I think Sheryl is a big enough name from having been on this show so long, so she and Carrie Ann make two. But I’ve read Carrie Ann might leave this show? I don’t think Sheryl’s name value enough to carry this show all by herself.

IMO, Underwood has really worn out her run in this show. Pay close attention, and you will see she's very condescending to the other women and the guests on this show. Especially when she talks to them slowly in her soft, soothing NPR voice. (Watch her confrontation with Osbourne back in March, and you will see what I mean).

Carrie Ann is too scripted and phony for this show - you know exactly when the first tear drop is going to fall during a conversation, as it's well rehearsed and well scripted. It's hard to be empathetic with her, when in the back of the viewer's mind you're thinking "Geez...here we go again...she's going to cry."  She can only pull that stunt for so long, and it's well-expired. 

As for Elaine and Amanda - the reaction is 'who are they' ? They add nothing to this show. Nothing at all (although Kloots does have a pretty good theatrical speaking voice, so maybe they can keep her on behind the scenes to do the 'voice overs'). 

Again, it's time for CBS to clean house this summer. Sweep away and hose down this mess. Start from scratch, find new names, find a focus. At this point, you can't even say they're an imitation of 'The Real', never mind 'The View'. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MsTree said:

^^^^ Yes, a million times yes! And I know exactly what you mean about Sheryl, and CAI.

These two are the most transparent of the four. Sheryl was never like this in the first few season when I would tune in very occasionally.  However, it seems like as she has climbed higher on the ladder, she has become deceitful and condescending towards the other women as well as the guests. She's not a team player - she's not there for the success of the show. She's there for herself only. 

CAI is way too over-dramatic for this inane chatfest. I always get the feeling she's auditioning to be cast in a movie or TV show, and wants to showcase what a good actress she can be if given the chance - look, everyone ! She can cry on cue ! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

CAI is way too over-dramatic for this inane chatfest. I always get the feeling she's auditioning to be cast in a movie or TV show, and wants to showcase what a good actress she can be if given the chance - look, everyone ! She can cry on cue ! 

I actually like Carrie Ann's ability to display her emotions on the show.  She's goofy, fun, serious, caring and is not afraid to let her feelings come out.  She's the only one I really like of the bunch that is left.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

These two are the most transparent of the four. Sheryl was never like this in the first few season when I would tune in very occasionally.  However, it seems like as she has climbed higher on the ladder, she has become deceitful and condescending towards the other women as well as the guests. She's not a team player - she's not there for the success of the show. She's there for herself only. 

Remember the good ole days when all Sheryl wanted to do was hump every male guest that was ever on the show?

Couldn't agree more about CAI. Just quit already!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, MsTree said:

Remember the good ole days when all Sheryl wanted to do was hump every male guest that was ever on the show?

Couldn't agree more about CAI. Just quit already!

Someone must've told Sheryl the 'fat over-sexed black woman' stereotype was already claimed by Sherrie Shepherd on 'The View' for laughs, so she had to change her character as host.  So she went into her serious, NPR hosting duties so everyone will take her serious. Did this change come when the other NPR host (Sara) left this sinking ship ? 

CAI needs to go back to DWTS and stay there.