Type keyword(s) to search

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021)

starri
  • Start Topic

Saw it on HBO Max.  Some good parts, some dumb parts.  I really do like Vera Farmiga and think she does a good job with a meh storyline.  It's another of those movies based on true stories where maybe 10% of the movie actually happened, and 90% is made up for entertainment purposes. 

I always enjoy the genuinely spooky moments in movies like this (like the first movie, or one like Insidious), but then they tend to go off the rails. 

I only watched this because it was on HBO max 🤣 otherwise, i would not have gone to the theater.....it actually wasn't half bad, but i really wish these horror genre movies would stop having it when people are possessed, their bodies twist like pretzels.....

Fun fact: The little boy's contortions were performed by an actual contortionist, not CGI. They just mapped David's face over hers.

Michael Chaves (Director): And that’s all in camera. That’s real and that is the speed. We did not speed it up, at all. Our contortionist is this little girl named Emerald Wulf, who was 12 years old at the time, and she did that all in camera and at that speed. Originally, it was planned to do it really slow, and we shot it and it was definitely cool. But afterwards, I was like, “Emerald, can you do anything else? Do you wanna try something else?” And she was like, “I could do it really fast.” I was like, “Show me that.” We weren’t rolling and she did it, and then everybody watching [silent]. It was like, “That was so weird, what we just saw. That’s definitely gonna go in the movie. We’re definitely gonna do that.” So, she did the fast version and it was crazy.

• Useful 4
On 6/13/2021 at 7:44 PM, snickers said:

I only watched this because it was on HBO max 🤣 otherwise, i would not have gone to the theater.....it actually wasn't half bad, but i really wish these horror genre movies would stop having it when people are possessed, their bodies twist like pretzels.....

Same. I thought it was entertaining for a Saturday night. I'm interested enough to check out some of the other movies. I liked the end where they had the real life photos. I vaguely remember the late 70s where possession was a huge fad. 

I liked Farmiga for years though. 

• Love 1