Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Season preview:

They're back!

It’s 1989 and Mo makes his first big “discovery” as a newly minted jazz producer. Dawn’s still serving time for masterminding Black Monday, Blair learns the hard way how to play politics, and Keith discovers that the late Lenny Leighman has some big follicles to fill. Mo hatches a plot to get Dawn an early release.

Original air data 2021.05.23

(edited)

Now Mo is a music producer. From one sketchy business to another.

How was Dawn running a trading room in prison? Oh wait, it's Dawn. Of course she was.

Hoes like Berber carpeting. Hmm, Learn something new every day.

Wait, the Lehman brothers weren't Jewish? And why is Wikipedia now spelling it as "Leighman"?

Mo was going propose to Dawn? That's what all the interior decoration stuff was about?

Surely Blair isn't going to die. Wow.

Glad this crazy show is back.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

Blair cant actually die right? Its a fake out? Of course this show is nuts I can see them going either way with him surviving or dying. This show is just wild, every second of it. For a show that's identity is so steeped in the 80s, I am curious about what it will do as it moves into the 90s. 

Of course Dawn was running the whole prison like a trade room, a little prison cant get her down for long. Mo in the music industry makes too much sense. 

• Love 3
On 5/24/2021 at 12:25 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Now Mo is a music producer. From one sketchy business to another.

How was Dawn running a trading room in prison? Oh wait, it's Dawn. Of course she was.

Hoes like Berber carpeting. Hmm, Learn something new every day.

Wait, the Lehman brothers weren't Jewish? And why is Wikipedia now spelling it as "Leighman"?

Mo was going propose to Dawn? That's what all the interior decoration stuff was about?

Surely Blair isn't going to die. Wow.

Glad this crazy show is back.

My thoughts exactly. It's absurd and amoral, and I'm here for it!

Dawn doing a fake Shawshank until she got her cellmate to open up, and then snitching? LOVE.

Mo failing to the kick the Lehman Brothers' door in was hilarious, and Don Cheadle's delivery of "What the brother-fuck is going on with you two?" was impeccable.

"I had dreams, dreams that went up in coke that you planted on me!" Oh, Blair, you're too funny to be dead. Hang in there!

• Love 3

I was roaring during this episode.  I laughed so loud I think I scared the neighbors.  The carpet and drapes joke being repeated.  Blair asking about his Norma Kamali pocket square while Tiff is having sex in multiple positions.  Mo having the same song recorded 39 times and the sound engineer snapping, "Don't touch the board".  "What the brother fuck".  Blair's closet office of farts - of course they put Blair in a closet.  This show is so OTT.  I am really glad it's back.

• Love 1