Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

ElectricBoogaloo

S01.E08: Wednesday's Gal

Mika is determined to use the show's annual "Wednesday's Gal" wedding segment to generate desperately needed advertising revenue for the station. With love in the air, Kenan contemplates his romantic future.

Original air date: 4/13/21

Show - just no.  Kenan is becoming a big baby and now they want him and his boss to be a thing?  I think this was the worse episode yet, and that's saying something. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I"m dangling by a thread here. The show had promise, almost all of which they seem to have squandered in favor of manchild meets cliche factory.

• Love 1

I've fallen asleep three times trying to get through this episode. I want to love this series and I just cannot. Also, I strongly dislike the actress that played the Wednesday Gal and still have PTSD of her abysmal role on Arrested Development.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:02 PM, possibilities said:

Yeah, I"m dangling by a thread here.

I was coming here to post almost literally the same thing. I don't want to stop watching because I want to support Kenan's show, but if he were not the star, I'd have been long gone by now. If they get a renewal, I think they're gonna need to do some serious re-tooling. 

Edited by Giuseppe

8 episodes in and I can't believe the amount of comedy tropes being used on a weekly basis.

I fully expect Jack, Chrissie and Janet to move in next door or Mika and Keenan start drinking and of course she gets pregnant.

It is not horrible but it is treading water.