Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Here goes nothing

• Start Topic

Heh, so the Teen Team is basically this universe's version of the Teen Titans.  And apparently the "fourth" most popular superhero team, so I want to know who outranks them, besides the Guardians of the Globe (RIP), who I'm guessing were number one.  Of course, what I really want to know is who is this Fighting Force group that apparently everyone thinks is the worst!

Gillian Jacobs ended up being a good choice for Eve, Zachary Quinto was spot-on as Robot, and Jason Mantzoukas as Rex Splode was exactly how I imagine that a superhero Jason Mantzoukas would act like (take that as either a positive or negative!)

Took me a while to place Walton Goggins as Cecil.  He sounded different than normal.  

I'm guessing this Damien Darkblood character is the show/comic's riff on Hellboy.  Always great hearing Clancy Brown!

Still curious about Nolan/Omni Man.  It certainly looks like he isn't being controlled and knows what he is doing, but I don't it simply being him going to the dark side.

I'm hoping every episode's opening involves Jon Hamm's character almost dying!

So when the security guard and his stepson were visiting London, that thing that fell on them from the sky was the garbage bag that Invincible threw, right? I don't know why they made it look like it was filled with blood and uncooked meat, I think that packaging and paper would be the majority of the trash from a fast food place.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

So when the security guard and his stepson were visiting London, that thing that fell on them from the sky was the garbage bag that Invincible threw, right? I don't know why they made it look like it was filled with blood and uncooked meat, I think that packaging and paper would be the majority of the trash from a fast food place.

I took it to be ketchup and special sauce. 

I love the fact that the high school is named Reginald VelJohnson High (Carl Winslow from Family Matters) and that the actor will apparently be playing the principal.  I laughed so hard when I saw that written on the school.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:45 PM, Snapdragon said:

I love the fact that the high school is named Reginald VelJohnson High (Carl Winslow from Family Matters) and that the actor will apparently be playing the principal.  I laughed so hard when I saw that written on the school.

Most of the trade paperback collections were named after 80s and 90s sitcoms. Kirkman loves em, I guess.

The episode was fine and I'm a long time fan of Gillian Jacobs, but Atom Eve definitely sounded too much like Britta for me. I'm also a longtime Mantzoukas fan and same thing there too: Rex sounds too much like, well, every Jason Mantzoukas character. Steven Yeun is fine as a voice actor overall but like the rest of the teen characters he's a bit hit and miss at sounding like a teenager.

The superheroic action was terrific. 

I hope that we continue to get the running gag of Jon Ham the security guard trying to bond with his step-son. I wonder if he will actually become a plot point. 

I am really not sure what I expected, I think I was picturing this being a bit more of a parody of superheroes, but that certainly isn't what this is. The voice cast is made up of so many people that I love, its a real all star cast of genre favorites. The superhero animation is also all excellent. 

My new Omni Man theory is that his alien race are actually conquerors who send their people out to scope out the landscape, again their trust, and take out any threats to their army before they come and conquer. So that would make this the superhero version of the classic Twilight Zone episode Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up. "You cant conquer this planet, we were here first."  

• Love 3