Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Witch Way Out

• Start Topic

REMEMBER THE TIME - The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock and Sarah Jeffery) take on the Tomb of Chaos while navigating ever greater challenges in their professional lives. Also starring Rupert Evans and Jordan Donica. Menhaj Huda directed the episode written by Natalia Fernandez and Carolyn Townsend (#307). Original airdate 3/21/2021.

I feel like I've seen this episode before. The sisters get trapped in some typ of mind game where they must come together and find a way out but they get to learn more about each other along the way.

Bright side? We finally get a Sister-centric episode where they spend the episode working together so thats definitely a big plus.

• Love 3

I feel like I've seen this episode before. The sisters get trapped in some typ of mind game where they must come together and find a way out but they get to learn more about each other along the way.

You've seen it on the OG Charmed and you've seen it on Buffy, and I'm willing to bet some other shows as well. Not exactly what you'd call an original idea. 

That said, it was a fairly decent bottle episode that finally brought the sisters together into the same story. I'm not sure where they're going with this whole monster prison thing but at least I'm not completely lost like I was last season.

• Love 1

The whole "we must work through our issues to escape the mind prison" is not exactly a new idea, but it was done pretty well here and I am really happy to see a sister focus plot. After a whole season of them split up, I appreciate that they are focusing more on the sisters and their bond again. Pretty good episode, this season seems to be a improvement on the last one so far, at least I basically get what is going on. 

I still have no idea how they explained them all being supposedly dead and now alive, and I guess I will just have to guess. 

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

You've seen it on the OG Charmed and you've seen it on Buffy, and I'm willing to bet some other shows as well. Not exactly what you'd call an original idea. 

That said, it was a fairly decent bottle episode that finally brought the sisters together into the same story. I'm not sure where they're going with this whole monster prison thing but at least I'm not completely lost like I was last season.

Yeah a lot of shows have done it but I feel like this is the 3rd or 4th time this show has done it.

In 1x22 they travel through time/scenarios and lose their memories while having to find each other and regain them.

2x13 they get stuck in the command center and have to confront the "unspoken truth"  to each other in order to get out

2x15 they get stuck in their dreams and have to confront their worst fears and find each other to break out of it.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm not sure where they're going with this whole monster prison thing but at least I'm not completely lost like I was last season.

Lucky you, I don't have a clue as to what's going on.

On 3/22/2021 at 3:24 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah a lot of shows have done it but I feel like this is the 3rd or 4th time this show has done it.

My memory about this show is so bad, so thanks for the list.  

Overall, I did like this episode, which was pretty suspenseful despite having no monsters until the end.  I don't have much to add beyond what everyone already said, that it was nice to see the sisters in a plotline together.  Plus no Abigail.