Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Moldy Cheese Feet

A woman with twisted toes; a man with Frankenstein feet; a mother with extreme calluses.

Airs 3/24

Footnotes for this ep can also go here.

Edited by dubbel zout
corrected title type

Did anyone watch?  I saw at the end that the episode was dedicated to the loving memory of Michelle Caputto....wasn’t that the lady who had surgery on both feet?  I wonder what happened.  

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone watch?  I saw at the end that the episode was dedicated to the loving memory of Michelle Caputto....wasn’t that the lady who had surgery on both feet?  I wonder what happened.  

It was her. We looked for more info last night but could only find a gofundme page for her cremation expenses. Sounded like it was sudden, but no details.

That woman was only 54! She looked a lot older, but certainly not at death's door, poor thing. 

On a happier note, the guy with Dupuytren's contracture at least came out of Dr. Ebonie's OR with all his toes still attached.

• Love 2

The woman with the callouses.  Why was she crying when Dr. E cut the dead skin?   It is hard to believe that people can let their feet go like this.  She was heavy, but I don't think so heavy that she could not examine her feet and go for a plain old callous removal at a pedicure.

(edited)

I suppose that they have some sort of sensation when  thick calluses are removed.  I’ve heard the doctors say that it might be uncomfortable, but it’s difficult to imagine since it’s dead skin.  Also, they have described a genetic condition in which people develop very think skin to the point it’s hard like a shell.  Maybe, they don’t know how to exfoliate and moisturize.  It is amazing how severe some of these cases are.  I wonder if there are some mental health issues involved as well.

Edited by SunnyBeBe