Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: A New Beginning

• Start Topic

Air date January 12, 2021

A devastating loss hits the Martone family at its core; sisters Lexi and Bria and their mother, Jennifer, work together to reopen the salon after being closed due to the pandemic.

Thanks, @Giant Misfit!

I have been anxiously awaiting this episode as I follow Lexi on IG. So I knew recently they had lost Big Mike. That sort of hit home for me because he reminded me (size wise) of my Hubby and I always worry about his health.

Gah, can Bria look any more like a selfish monster?? I mean, Big Mike was the one who gave them the world (because he loved them) but he's turned her into a selfish bitch! I was so disgusted with her this episode not sure I can stand to look at her any further (I really watch this for Lexi and Foxy). A wedding of that proportion, IMO, is ridiculous anyhow, but with Dad being gone, and Jennifer not totally grasping their financial predicament, Bria needs to step way off with this glitzy shitshow of a wedding. I couldn't believe he was paying her car, and insurance as well! I hate to say it, but the Martones may need to take it down a peg with the Mercedes and other glam. 

And Bria, Sweetheart, you aren't all that. I don't find her particularly attractive (rather witchy in the face). And your beau is no great prize either. Babies right away? Doesn't he have toddler twins from whoever he was porking on the side while they were on and off?

As much as I love Lexi, I think she needs to lay off a bit on Matt. She's making things worse with her anger since Bria is obviously not sending him packing. Just have the least amount to do with him, and that's it. No reason for the extra dramatics. He gets you don't like him at all. Everyone does. I honestly thought the big secret as to why she disliked him was that he had somehow hit on her in the past or they had a drunken fling. 

This episode was another example of why spouses need to both know what is going on with household finances and have logins and passwords to accounts. My old man had a scary hospital stay where we thought we might lose him two years ago, and my Mom had no clue about any of their accounts and debt. I had to comb through his desk and show her all the credit card statements. I made sure when I got home to exchange account information with my spouse so that if something happened to us we could at least get into banking and credit accounts that we have separately, and we have a monthly meeting to go over our household expenses and money in the bank.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, snarkish said:

Thanks, @Giant Misfit!

I have been anxiously awaiting this episode as I follow Lexi on IG. So I knew recently they had lost Big Mike. That sort of hit home for me because he reminded me (size wise) of my Hubby and I always worry about his health.

Gah, can Bria look any more like a selfish monster?? I mean, Big Mike was the one who gave them the world (because he loved them) but he's turned her into a selfish bitch! I was so disgusted with her this episode not sure I can stand to look at her any further (I really watch this for Lexi and Foxy). A wedding of that proportion, IMO, is ridiculous anyhow, but with Dad being gone, and Jennifer not totally grasping their financial predicament, Bria needs to step way off with this glitzy shitshow of a wedding. I couldn't believe he was paying her car, and insurance as well! I hate to say it, but the Martones may need to take it down a peg with the Mercedes and other glam. 

And Bria, Sweetheart, you aren't all that. I don't find her particularly attractive (rather witchy in the face). And your beau is no great prize either. Babies right away? Doesn't he have toddler twins from whoever he was porking on the side while they were on and off?

As much as I love Lexi, I think she needs to lay off a bit on Matt. She's making things worse with her anger since Bria is obviously not sending him packing. Just have the least amount to do with him, and that's it. No reason for the extra dramatics. He gets you don't like him at all. Everyone does. I honestly thought the big secret as to why she disliked him was that he had somehow hit on her in the past or they had a drunken fling. 

This episode was another example of why spouses need to both know what is going on with household finances and have logins and passwords to accounts. My old man had a scary hospital stay where we thought we might lose him two years ago, and my Mom had no clue about any of their accounts and debt. I had to comb through his desk and show her all the credit card statements. I made sure when I got home to exchange account information with my spouse so that if something happened to us we could at least get into banking and credit accounts that we have separately, and we have a monthly meeting to go over our household expenses and money in the bank.

Want to like this post a thousand times. This makes me nuts, women who don’t understand the finances. What did Big Mike do for a living?  I am new to this show. Was he so wealthy they could afford these things or was he a big spender. What will they live on now if he is dead?  Did he have a lot of life insurance?  Ugh. Feel bad for them. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Want to like this post a thousand times. This makes me nuts, women who don’t understand the finances. What did Big Mike do for a living?  I am new to this show. Was he so wealthy they could afford these things or was he a big spender. What will they live on now if he is dead?  Did he have a lot of life insurance?  Ugh. Feel bad for them. 

I think I heard them say something about big Mike's Plumbing Company.

Heck with selling the plumbing company,  program money and the show picking up the cost of the shower and wedding they will be ok!

• Love 1

Yes, I heard plumbing company. I know my personal plumber lives in a much nicer neighborhood than us! And he's just an independent one. I am sure Salon Martone has gotten more business since this show aired too.

• Love 1

In the movie Moonstruck the big joke was that the father was a plumber and that’s how they afforded their giant Brooklyn brownstone. Well, anyway, I hope they are okay.

I don’t know that there is a market for selling a plumbing contractor business. It’s more an income business. You are always looking for new clients. You may get repeat business from clients who always have to call you for their leaky faucet or clogged toilet . The bigger money is in construction projects. If he made a lot of money along the way, they may have savings. Maybe they can hire someone to run it.  My father ran a lucrative tree service when I was growing up but it was not something we could sell. 

I'm so irritated by Bria.  She needs to get her head out of her ass and actually listen to what her Mom is saying about not being able to afford what they had been planning.  Plus why are they trying to hold an extravagant bridal shower during a pandemic anyway? Between COVID and the financial mess left after the death of Big Mike, I completely agree with Lexi that the wedding should be postponed.  I do think that maybe Lexi and Mom should have talked beforehand and the postponement idea could have come from Mom.  Bria won't entertain anything coming from Lexi about the wedding but MIGHT have given it some thought coming from Mom.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, radiochik said:

I'm so irritated by Bria.  She needs to get her head out of her ass and actually listen to what her Mom is saying about not being able to afford what they had been planning.  Plus why are they trying to hold an extravagant bridal shower during a pandemic anyway? Between COVID and the financial mess left after the death of Big Mike, I completely agree with Lexi that the wedding should be postponed.  I do think that maybe Lexi and Mom should have talked beforehand and the postponement idea could have come from Mom.  Bria won't entertain anything coming from Lexi about the wedding but MIGHT have given it some thought coming from Mom.  

I don't think GOD would have made Bria understand. She just doesn't care. This is about HER and HER day and don't bother her about pesky details like rent and mortgages. Her beloved daddy's death and the plague didn't make a difference. If I was Jenn, I would have been like, this is what you can spend, make it work. But, that's not how this family works. And all to marry that loser that has done her so wrong, so many times! My family would never allow him in the house let alone pay for his wedding, room and board!

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, HoneyBeach said:

And all to marry that loser that has done her so wrong, so many times! My family would never allow him in the house let alone pay for his wedding, room and board!

I just don’t understand how they accept him, even Mike didn’t seem to be upset about what Lexi revealed, or maybe it was just not part of the show.  Bria should realize once a cheater always a cheater.  I was shocked when Jen said the estimate for the flowers for the shower was 20 grand.  The shower, are you kidding me, who spends that kind of money for a a shower.  Why a waste of money.  Ridiculous.  I cannot even image what the wedding cost.

• Love 5