Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17/18 (2021/2022) Discussion

• Start Topic

A place to discuss season 17 and 18 episodes.  For more in-depth discussion on specific improvisors or past seasons, please use other threads in the forum.

Just like previous years, there is no consensus on which season number to use.  E.g. The TVDB and Wiki call this season 17 and 18, IMDB calls it season 9 and 10.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 1

OMG, Wayne doing that whole "giving birth" thing during "Scenes from a Hat" XD! That cracked me up. 

Loved the whole thing with the audience members during "Weird Newscasters", too. And "Earl with the dragon tattoo". Hee. 

• Love 3

I don't recall Laura Hall playing anything but piano, but during Greatest Hits, she played both guitar and ukelele! And the Hawaiian San Francisco hula song was hysterical. Wayne had no idea what to do he was laughing so hard. 

• Love 3

Does the CW not air the entire episode? A few minutes of the show were wonky on my DVR--nearer to the end, just as Ryan asked something like "Do I look like I just got laid?" while wearing a chicken hat. I went to the CW and watched approximately 5000 minutes of commercials to get back to that point and...couldn't find it!

Did anyone who watched this through the CW's site remember seeing that?

12 hours ago, BookThief said:

Does the CW not air the entire episode? A few minutes of the show were wonky on my DVR--nearer to the end, just as Ryan asked something like "Do I look like I just got laid?" while wearing a chicken hat. I went to the CW and watched approximately 5000 minutes of commercials to get back to that point and...couldn't find it!

Did anyone who watched this through the CW's site remember seeing that?

I didn't watch on the CW site, but I still had both of last Friday's episodes on my DVR.  The chicken hat was near the beginning of the 2nd episode (the rerun).  I'm  not sure when it originally aired but Jeff Davis was the 4th chair.  That might help you find it, if you want to check out another 5000 minutes of commercials to to it.  And Aisha was wearing a gray shirt with an orange tiger (not the bright green shirt with a tiger from the first episode), if that helps spot it.

• Love 1

LOL at Wayne bringing Steve back up on stage during "Scenes from a Hat". I liked his doctor song, too, along with Nyima's. She was fun (and I share her and Aisha's thoughts about that "Newsflash" clip :D). 

"Two Line Vocabulary" was great, too, "I guess we don't need to aim or anything..." :p. 

• Love 4

I'm not a fashionista, but what the hell was Wayne wearing? An untucked shirt that went about 6 inches below an ill-fitting sweater with only three buttons done? Yeesh. Looked horrible. 

14 hours ago, Annber03 said:

"Two Line Vocabulary" was great, too, "I guess we don't need to aim or anything..." :p.

I enjoy two-line vocabulary b/c Colin's reactions and quick thinking are always a highlight. I do miss the similar various number of words vocabulary (I don't recall the name) where each one is assigned to give two, three, four, or five word responses. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I'm not a fashionista, but what the hell was Wayne wearing? An untucked shirt that went about 6 inches below an ill-fitting sweater with only three buttons done? Yeesh. Looked horrible. 

My mom said the same thing about his outfit :p. It did look rather odd, yeah.

I do miss the similar various number of words vocabulary (I don't recall the name) where each one is assigned to give two, three, four, or five word responses. 

Oh, yeah, that game's fun, too! It'd be cool if they brought that one back. 

• Love 1

I had never heard of Nyima before but she was fantastic and I hope they bring her back. I loved Colin's reactions during two line vocabulary. Sideways Scene was fun. 

The show is a million times better without the D list celebrity guests. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

Sideways Scene was fun. 

I liked the bit with Colin trying to use his powers to open the door, only for him to have to scoot down there and physically pull the door open :p. 

• Love 2

"Until that day I happened to throw her on the grill..." 

Wow, that song sure got dark awfully fast :p!

That hoedown...aw, Greg XD. I also loved how the Pinocchio story just kept getting more and more random. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Xantar said:

I haven’t been watching recently, so I didn’t know that they’ve stopped with the celebrity guest stars. Wayne Brady’s tap dance number! Just...damn! 

Not so much "stopped" as "ran out". Episodes we're seeing now are built from outtakes from previous years.  Whenever live audiences return, I imagine guests will be, too.

• Love 2

I laughed way too hard at Heather just practically swallowing the gun in "Hollywood Director". And Wayne bringing that guy up from the audience...XD. 

That "Greatest Hits" was....interesting :p. Some damn good rhymes from Wayne during the Ed Sheeran-esque song. 

• Love 1
On 2/22/2021 at 8:50 AM, lambertman said:

Not so much "stopped" as "ran out". Episodes we're seeing now are built from outtakes from previous years.  Whenever live audiences return, I imagine guests will be, too.

I hope not. The show has been so much better with just the four main performers. I think it's great that we are still getting new episodes. If this is quality of the outtakes they have, I would be totally okay with them using this material to make new episodes instead of the "celebrity guests." 

• Love 3

Oh, god, Wayne at the beginning of "Irish Drinking Song" :D. That was hysterical. 

"Sound Effects" was great again, with the cute terrorists :p. And the hats and such in "Questions"...good lord, LOL. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Watched the Keegan Michael Key 7 episode from last night.  His forward/reverse was crazy, and fun.

That was hilarious :D. I loved the rest of the group's reaction when he screwed up at one point XD. 

• Love 2

Oh, god, Ryan trying to pull that thing off Colin's head during the "Infomercial" segment XD. Also laughed at that yellow thing falling off that stick. And what the hell was up with that "Film Dub" clip :p? 

And "kabuki". Wow :p.

• Love 1

"It's called 'Panda Express'." 

Ryan gets all the points for that one XD. 

I loved the road sign bit and the whole "spring break" thing from "Scenes from a Hat". Also loved Wayne doing the "Single Ladies" dance during "Greatest Hits". 

• Love 1
On 1/8/2022 at 8:09 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Does anyone have inside info on when these were recorded?  Do they have an endless supply of pre-pandemic stuff?

If there were able to get one full season from outtakes, I don't see why they couldn't it again from an earlier season. I've been enjoying seeing the four performers do what they do best and not have to work around whatever "celebrity" CW/CBS wants to promote. 

• Love 1