Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Monster

• Start Topic

Real smart Dru, just stand straight up when bullets are flying. If he wanted a gun that bad, just ask Monet to pass her weapon (she wasn't getting up anytime soon). Lorenzo should rethink his decision to have Dru run the business if he can't think clearly in this situation.

Rico takes this long drive to NYC, didn't bother determine who was in the bar and immediately starts shooting. Maybe he was in a rush and had to get back to DC in time to return the rental SUV to save money.

After the shooting, Tariq just leaves the bar to go meet Paula with no worries/fear. Did the director forget to instruct the actor to emote or be shaken for almost being killed or have some worry about Dru? Nope. On to the next scene!

It's ALL Cane's fault because he wasn't at a meet, so the fool decided to make a move on Monet, and Monet shot him??!!! Sure! I guess I see Monet's logic in that!

"Dr. Epiphany Tuner". LOL 

Effie didn't realize she was monster until she turned in Tariq?? Huh! So before that, selling coke on campus was not a problem for her conscious?

For a moment I thought Effie was going to volunteer to kill Epiphany.

What fool would have Epiphany and her son stay at his place?

Paula could not figure out what Tasha meant by "Treat Epiphany the same way as Slim"?? If Epiphany ended up dead, I don't think Paula would have made the connection for a while.

Why is Paula delivering a subpoena to Tariq?

Last week ended with Zeke running to Carrie's place crying. I guess they prioritized with sex first before they can discuss what was bothering him and the bruises.

Good riddance Ramirez. Sure this would put more of a strain between Monet and Cane. If the NYPD paid close attention to Ramirez' actions, they can lead this back to Cane and Monet.

Now Saxe has to turn on Davis. These plots are getting convoluted!

The dumb cop just hands over a murder case to Carrie and Jabari. I'm sure his superiors, the media and concerned parents "approve" of this for the safety of the students.

The countdown has started for Carrie and the cop to get in bed or back seat of the police car! Jabari is going to lose his damn mind!

Where were the other faculty members? Did they ignore the call for a meeting and went back to sleep?? Only 4 people attended!! 

There were many people around the arena area to see Barz chasing Tariq towards the pool. If the cops had done their job by questioning anyone at the game it doesn't have to come down to race/or having the teachers handle. 

Stanfield campus is supposed to be on lockdown but Monet can easily find her way to Carrie's office. This school will never learn.

Jabari gets "moody" when he writes?? What has he written? Tariq is doing all his work!!!

With a season 2 confirmed, I don't see Tariq confessing to killing his father next week. Something will change his mind. That montage of all the people he hurt will be forgotten.

Now that Tariq confessed to Tameka, I fear she maybe dead soon. And for her to tell Tariq he is not a monster is wrong.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1

This show. 

Does this university only have 3 professors? Why do Simmons, Carrie and Jabari get the "honor" of being called to the principal's office to be talked to by the police?

So Carrie is a lawyer. Is this the first time we are hearing this? And what in the world? Carrie is trusting Zeke with her career? That entire scene was so cringeworthy.

No Tariq, Tasha doesn't deserve to be in jail for the murder of Ghost, you do. But how can you act indignant with a straight face knowing Tasha murdered Kesha? The hypocrisy's stench is strong here.

Not sorry but I hate it when a show wants to talk about police being unjust for looking at black people for a crime when like in this case, IT WAS a black person who committed the crime. 

Jabari, isn't Tariq one of your elite students? 

MJB on it with Carrie LOL I give her a pass on that bad acting for about 5 minutes LOL

So did Tasha just play herself by having Tariq get rid of Epiphany.

Oh Saxe you just made a mistake, a good faith one but one none the less. Davis is going to get you. 

Hopefully side piece #2 will wake up and stop sleeping with Davis. Hopefully this show won't glamourize adultery this time.

Shoot him Monet! SHOOT HIM!!! Shut up Diana. Shut up Drew.

Oh Tariq, you falling on your sword? Even if you're sincere, fall boy fall!

oops Drew

Good Paula. Walk away from Davis. Walk away girlfriend.

Tameika is back. YAY!

• Love 3

Jabari is a solid POS. All this James Bond crap because of a book deal? I am beyond ready for him to get handled. He is so far out of his lane he's on another highway headed to different state.

Cinnamon is a mouthy ass bitch. It is known.

Brayden is fcuking Nancy Drew. Also known.

Oh please, Effie may be a monster but Tariq isn't. He's a wannabe at best. He couldn't even kill Epiphany.

Strange bedfellows indeed. Looks like bros Saxe and Davis have finally broken up, hah hah.

Ah, Davis. You really don't want to leave a woman scorned.

Wait, was Tariq about to tell Monet who James St. Patrick really was or just that he killed him? (And I still don't understand how the Tejadas don't know Tariq is Ghost's son. Don't they watch the news reports about Tasha's trail?)

Tameika! Now we're cooking with gas.

For a moment I thought Effie was going to volunteer to kill Epiphany.

So did I. It seemed like Tariq was lowkey encouraging her but she didn't take the bait.

What fool would have Epiphany and her son stay at his place?

She said it was the guy she was having an affair with. So either the wife didn't know or she was okay with it. Or the writers are fans of the novel, Luster.

Now that Tariq confessed to Tameka, I fear she maybe dead soon.

No! Take that back! Not my girl Tameika! 🙁

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jabari is a solid POS. All this James Bond crap because of a book deal? I am beyond ready for him to get handled. He is so far out of his lane he's on another highway headed to different state.

This made my day!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

She said it was the guy she was having an affair with. So either the wife didn't know or she was okay with it. Or the writers are fans of the novel, Luster.

I remember that explanation from Epiphany. I just can't comprehend why someone would do that. 

• Love 1