Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: After Dark

• Start Topic

Reeling from a major fallout with Annie – and running from anything related to Alex – Cassie brings Buckley along for an alcohol-fueled escapade that ends in a meltdown. Meanwhile, Megan embarks on a clandestine mission, and, amid mounting pressure from her co-conspirators, Miranda continues to hunt Cassie down.

Promo:

Original air date: 12/10/20

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Cassie gets real memories back when she’s sober. No wonder she stays drunk.

Kaley is really doing good work in this. I loved that little scene in the bathroom when she whispers “you’re the worst” at her reflection.

Hee, Miranda bailed her out. 

• Love 8

“Here You Come Again” may be the perfect theme song for this show.   

KC plays a drunk party girl on the verge of madness really well. I really liked the scenes when the true versions of her childhood came back. 

Absolutely loved Alex chasing Cassie through her own mind.  “You can’t run from me.  I’m in your head.  It’s just me and the mess.”

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4

Cassie won some points from me for loving Dolly Parton!

Buckley seems like a terrible enabler. You know what's worse than one drunk person? Two drunk people.

And Megan somehow butt dialed Cassie while she was with that guy? Okay then.

How old are Annie and Cassie supposed to be? They mentioned that they've been friends for 17 years so I was trying to figure out if they met after Cassie's father died.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

How old are Annie and Cassie supposed to be? They mentioned that they've been friends for 17 years so I was trying to figure out if they met after Cassie's father died.

In the book

Spoiler

Cassie is 39.

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

If they met in college, that puts them around their mid-thirties.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:13 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And Megan somehow butt dialed Cassie while she was with that guy? Okay then.

It wasn’t a butt dial. She called Cassie and got her voicemail just as the Korean guy called her and her son yelled for her. She accidentally merged the calls when she was trying to swap them. 

We have now reached the Looking Glass World part of the drunken hallucinations program. I bet if Cassie ever does try to stop drinking she's going to have unimaginable DTs. 

Why was Megan dressed like Carmen Sandiego? She's nuts. Is she supposed to be funny because I find her annoying.

IRL Alcoholics "hit bottom" before they are ready to change (read the AA big book in the 80s when I was married). 
I guess that's sort of what's happening to Cassie here without naming it.
But her self-realization doesn't ring particularly true to me. Maybe in the book it did. Or maybe it's just that I'm ensconced in the "a leopard doesn't change its spots" camp.
Hrmmm. Thinking of self-realization: The lady assassin is into some kind of meditation. That's got to come into play in the last 2 episodes.

On 12/15/2020 at 3:14 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why was Megan dressed like Carmen Sandiego?

I think Megan’s Spy style hat and coat are to signify that whatever the hell she’s into is a game to her and that she’s in way over her head
——which, on this show, usually means ☠️ (dead) but maybe Megan will “just” wind up getting blamed for Alex’s murder, or, maybe she’ll accidentally save Cassie’s life, or maybe she’ll uncover a key piece of evidence that will exonerate Cassie, or…?

I wonder if Megan’s husband is involved somehow too. 

When Cassie wound up in jail , I thought: Whew! She’s safe (although that’s not necessarily the case IRL or in crime shows). 
But then Cassie flunks the Crime Show 101 exam on being surprisingly bailed out of jail when she doesn’t find *who* bailed her out.  But getting a D on a test when you’re coming off a bender is par for the course. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

I can understand Annie being upset, but Max is a grown man who made a decision to help her. He also made the choice to push her out of the way.
Annie works for really shady, dangerous people, and she finds it hard to believe that there's a big conspiracy around this guy's death, that now involves her friend, because she was there?
I hate it when someone is going through something legitimately bad, and everyone stops talking to them. Except for the dead cat guy, who might be a bad guy, and at the very least is bad for her re: her drinking. Although I was cringing as Cassie stole that horse, with this guy, until she got arrested before Miranda could get to her. Of course Miranda is the one who bailed her out.

Poor Jennifer. "I brought you something that you can't kill. Oh my god! I mean, I brought you something that won't die."

Edited by Anela
  • Love 3