Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Something In the Air (2)

• Start Topic

A lot of personal stories of characters that I don't really know and the case of the week fell apart for me. Counterfeit mask I got but by that point I lost track of who the ultimate criminal was.

I thought the "tale of the body snatcher" was going to have an entirely different ending, but I'm glad it just came out to be a good guy trying to good things, badly.  The one female funeral director totally creeped me out though, like she had only the one personality mode: an uncrackable facade of projected calm empathy.  The actress did well though, with a little undercurrent of utter exhaustion when Loretta finally cracked her.  Well done, anonymous guest star actress, well done.

The one thing that took me right out of the moment, was at the end when Loretta took her mask off in front of someone who was KNOWN to have been exposed to COVID-19 just over a week prior who ALSO took her mask off and then had an emotional conversation.  I know Loretta is all about compassion and empathy, but she's also about science and precautions--as we were hammered over the head with during both hours--so her doing that was just bad, even though they were mostly socially distanced.  Maybe they're setting up a "Loretta is deathly ill with COVID-19 but pulls through and has lingering complications" overall character arc this season. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Raja said:

A lot of personal stories of characters that I don't really know and the case of the week fell apart for me. Counterfeit mask I got but by that point I lost track of who the ultimate criminal was.

Yeah. They could have solved the case in one episode and it wouldn't have felt rushed.

At the beginning of episode one, a car crashed, Pride rushes over, there's a man at the wheel and then he gets distracted by the wolf and they flash back. They picked that up at the end of last week's episode minus the guy. Did I miss what happened with the guy and the wolf or did they not address it?

I hope they're going back to more normal episodes starting with next week. I have no desire to continue seeing episodes with a whole bunch of personal stories mixed into the cases and have the cases drawn out unnecessarily.

Glad to have Rita back. I like her.

I, too, lost track of who was the villain and why. And as much as I like Doc Wade, her storyline was a distraction for me. I hope they ease back on the Covid stuff, it's hard enough to handle in real life and I look to TV as an escape from all of it. 

• Love 1

I thought it was pretty obvious that the lady doctor who was all "Grrr, grrr stop asking me all these questions so I can get back to treating my patients" in the first episode was the killer, since they led her away in handcuffs and all. Although I guess it was understandable if much of the audience had fallen asleep at that point since nothing all that exciting happened during these first couple of episodes.

At least I appreciate that they appear to have dialed Carter's obnoxiousness level way back this season. He seemed like a normal human being for once.

• Love 3