Type keyword(s) to search

Sister Julienne: The Gentle One

• Start Topic

Same, she's understanding and reassuring beyond human comprehension. I'd like a panic button for really crappy days at work which would have Stephen Fry calmly saying "Everything is going to be alright" and then Jenny Agutter explaining why.

...wow, moment of realization- I didn't clue in to the name of the actress who plays her until just now, and my goodness, she's the gal from Walkabout and Logan's Run, isn't she? *gapes for a moment* Big thumbs up to her, I would never have called that.

• Love 4

Jenny Agutter's name was brought up a couple of times by characters on Coupling--in the context of frequently being nude on screen--but I never knew who she was.  When I started watching this show and saw her name all I could think was, "Oh, that's the woman the Coupling guys talked about!"  I don't think she'll ever appear nude on screen in this series, though. ;)

I saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier this past weekend.  When the British woman who is a member of the World Security Council began to speak, I kept saying, "Who is that?  I know that voice!".

Yep, it was Sister Julienne!  I am so used to not seeing her hair, that I did not recognize her as an attractive dark-haired woman in a lovely blue suit.

Same, she's understanding and reassuring beyond human comprehension. I'd like a panic button for really crappy days at work which would have Stephen Fry calmly saying "Everything is going to be alright" and then Jenny Agutter explaining why.

Wow, you and I have the same fantasy parents!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Re-watching the series and just had to say:  Jenny Agutter has perfected Sister Julienne's calming look.  I feel like I'm noticing it more maybe because knowing some of the plots on re-watch leaves time to look at other things (and with the level of detail they put into the show there's always something not noticed before).   The way the looks of calm and sympathy just covers her entire face and is in her eyes is amazing.   I also love how she does her shocked and insulted looks.  She never appears shocked or angry to the other person she just has this brief moment of widened eyes, a split second hesitation and sometimes a very small smile then her calm look is back (usually with her standard reply "Of course").  Probably not saying it well but she is very good in her role and she really has a way of embodying all of her emotions in her face without having to say a word.

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 9

Sister Julienne was in the scene that's made me cry the most.  She found the thalidomide baby laying exposed to the open window, and it's pathetic little cry broke me.  Then Sister Julienne's response to the poor thing and how it died in her arms really got to me.

• Love 6