Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E02: The Blind Auditions, Part 2

• Start Topic

I liked the opera singer. Hopefully his voice sounds just as good on pop songs. I’m surprised Kelly didn’t turn for the last artist. His voice was great. Is it just me, or are they showing more non chair turns this season than normal?

• Love 2

As an occasional watcher with a small, 12-year-old TV, I didn’t hear much difference of range between most of the rejects and the one-turns.

I guess song choice can be pretty important—meaning: Know the judge’s favorites.

Although, the opera guy took a chance (he also does show tunes, right?) and it paid off. I wonder what it would have been like if he had sung something like “Hello, Dolly.”

Edited by shapeshifter

I love the opera singers ( this guy and the counter tenor from the first night) because they have such great control. I wish they would raise the age to 18....I’m already tired of the squeals about age. 

Gwen. That’s a hard outfit to forget. When I get bored I count the mirrored pieces.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I wish they would raise the age to 18....I’m already tired of the squeals about age. 

I agree 100% If they want young performers then start a teen Voice in the off season. Or instead of having 2 seasons of the Voice in one year have 1 teen Voice and 1 regular Voice with no one under the age of 18 allowed.

I liked the one girl (can't remember her name) that went with John, she came on towards the end and had blonde hair and was wearing pants and a jacket.

I'm so sick of the coaches talking or yelling while the singers are singing.

I don't understand Gwen's outfits, like I said in my last post they look like what you would see an ice skater wear. I don't even know what look she's going for and I know age is just a number but when you're 50+ I don't think you should wear a cut like that but that's just my opinion.

The coaches are really starting to bug me with their games and jabs at each other when trying to get someone on their team. So it's just a competition between coaches because Kelly said "I don't even care if I lose as long as Blake doesn't win" or something like that. So it's not about having someone on your team win because they deserve it it's about beating a certain coach? Got it.

If they start zooming the performances I'm out. I didn't finish last season because of that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

don't understand Gwen's outfits, like I said in my last post they look like what you would see an ice skater wear.

I was getting more of a Liberace stage outfit look. The way that was cut around her thighs made them look very chunky. 

16 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I wish they would raise the age to 18....I’m already tired of the squeals about age. 

Agree 100 per cent. And I always get a creepy vibe from Blake when his chair turns and it's an obviously young teenage girl. I'm not implying anything. Just my observation.

I'm no expert on singing but I am sick of all the females who sound like Jewel. And many of the contestants sound like her and the judges love them. I don't get it. 

1 hour ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

liked the one girl (can't remember her name) that went with John, she came on towards the end and had blonde hair and was wearing pants and a jacket.

I liked her too. I think her last name was Clune. 

On 10/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, chenoa333 said:

liked the one girl (can't remember her name) that went with John, she came on towards the end and had blonde hair and was wearing pants and a jacket.

On 10/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, chenoa333 said:

I liked her too. I think her last name was Clune. 

Yes, Cami Clune. She’s from my hometown, Buffalo NY. I thought she was very good. My daughter has friends who know her and they say she’s a very nice person. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2