Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Welcome to the Club

• Start Topic

Boy, did this one drag. But I'm interested in the ending nonetheless. Daniel is playacting the brain injured old man for the long game. Rebooted axe wielding Morgan is skulking around their camp, city, whatever it is, and Strand regains some of his mercenary edge by pulling a full Shane. The big question now will be if the show can actually stick the landing to make anything of it.

• Love 5

I find it hard to believe that clearing a fairly small herd like that would have been so terribly difficult to figure out.   I get that it was a plot devise, Ginny's way of identifying someone with leadership skills, but I think the test could have been made a little more difficult.  Also, it's hard to believe that she would trust whichever person did pass the test. 

I posted on the real time thread that Dakota was like Carl from the mother show, which meant the early seasons Carl doing stupid stuff that endangered other people.  But I guess she's really more like Alpha's daughter, a supposed betrayer although we'll have to see how that plays out.

Are there really that many bodies for her to throw at the various problems?  The attrition rate has to be pretty bad.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I actually liked this episode.  Probably because I have Neganitis from the mothership, so anything that wasn't repetitive or involving Negan in anyway I would have found much better.  In addition to Eugene and the other annoying twit (Princess) being off my screen. I also can't believe I am saying this, but I am finally starting to like where this series (FTWD) is headed after hating it up until now.

I like JDM, but the overexposure of Negan on the mothership really hurt that character, in addition to the horrible stuff he has done.

This (FTWD) episode was definitely building up to something, where it goes I'm not so sure.  One thing is for sure, Daniel still does not trust Strand and for good reason.  I don't want to know what happened to the cat.

It was easy to see the resemblance between the antagonist and her sister.  I can't believe that Strand and Alicia couldn't have figured that out on their own.

And, yeah, there weren't many walkers to kill, the protagonists have been through worse.

I have actually enjoyed the show as well - especially since Morgan came aboard. I wish it was more a set up like the original with Morgan, John Dorie, Dwight and the gang rebuilding and fighting against people like Virginia.

Dakota being some relation to Virginia was so obvious. For a moment I thought it was CGI technology. That is the best casting since Once Upon A Time cast Snow White as a little girl.

• Love 4

Strand sacrificing Sanjay was a welcome return to the duplicitous anti-hero from early seasons but I don't think it's gonna stick.  I missed that guy.

This show can be so stupid sometimes.  They have a cattle run where they can poke walkers safely from the sides but they open the gate at the end instead?  C'mon, show!  Just as bad was the female ranger who gets taken down by a walker casually walking up to her.  Gosh, if only she'd had a gun or something.  Where did all the molasses come from and why wasn't the floor inside the storage unit covered with it?

I'm hanging on because I want to see what Morgan 2.0 is going to be like.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Between last weeks episode and this one he must have run into a drug store to grab some Visine to get the red out of his eyes.

I believe it was mentioned he had gangrene and the smell was keeping the dead from attacking him. I am assuming by some miracle when the bullet was removed, he also gave him something to fight the infection which would have cleared up his bloodshot eyes. All this in a dusty hut, with dirty hands and a bite. And let's not forget a woman who had just given birth dragged a dead body and buried it. I just suspend all belief when I watch; that's what a devoted crazy fan I am of TWD Universe and Morgan is one of my all time favorites.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 7

Yeah, my husband started in last week all "that's not how gangrene works AT ALL" when Morgan was still able to almost singlehandedly take down a herd even in his weakened state. Look, buddy. This franchise has been around as long as our fifth-grader has been alive. (Seriously.) You and I both know you're going to drive yourself crazy if you can't accept a certain amount of hand waving to move the plot along. So woman gives birth in a dried out reservoir and is recovered enough to bury a full-grown man 20 minutes later? Sure, why not.

• LOL 6
On 10/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Daniel is playacting the brain injured old man for the long game.

I had forgotten he had taken a bullet in the head (at least, that was mentioned in the episode).  At first, hub and I thought they had lobotomized him!

On 10/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Strand regains some of his mercenary edge by pulling a full Shane.

The man is despicable - and I love it!

On 10/18/2020 at 10:44 PM, Dodginblue said:

I get that it was a plot devise, Ginny's way of identifying someone with leadership skills, but I think the test could have been made a little more difficult

It was a big gamble - to see who was the most worthy of leadership by testing their mettle against killing walkers. 

On 10/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, Boofish said:

I like JDM, but the overexposure of Negan on the mothership really hurt that character

And Ginny is turning out to be FTWD's Negan, complete with the facial expressions/voice inflections, etc.  It really makes me wonder how these different communities decide to choose their leaders because she is annoying and cartoonish.  Though I will say the look of defeat on her face at the end of last week's episode when it was the bounty hunter's head in the box and not Morgan's was great.  It brought her down a notch or two.  I just don't want another Negan and the Saviors scenario with everyone bowing and worshipping Ginny, though they did make reference that she has Negan-esque form of punishment by hurting loved ones of those who disobey

I mean - just as on TWD where they had SOOOOO many opportunities to just take Negan out, why - oh why - after Alicia, Strand and Charley took out the rest of the walkers with the AKs from the dead rangers did they just turn them on Ginny and her posse who were standing there - all lined up and ready?  Yeah, I know - there goes the storyline with them all dead, but man it's so freakin' obvious.  Take out the leader and her crew, standing right there, grab their guns, pass them out to the prisoners then lead a revolt to wipe out the rest or get them to surrender.  It's called a TAKEOVER!  But, nooooo, let's play the long game and slowly destroy them from the inside little by little because, you know, we got time

• LOL 1
On 10/19/2020 at 11:55 AM, icemiser69 said:

Between last weeks episode and this one he must have run into a drug store to grab some Visine to get the red out of his eyes.

The red disappeared the moment the bullet was pulled out of him.