Type keyword(s) to search

Get Organized With The Home Edit - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, ahisma said:

One thing I don’t like this season is that each episode is one and a half stories, instead of two full stories. Do they really think they need to have a cliffhanger to keep people watching? The faux drama of “I don’t know how we’re going to finish this job in time” every. Single. Time. is not the stakes they think it is. 

I thought it might because they weren’t able to get as many celebrities this time so they wanted to stretch out the stories.

• Useful 1

Just caught this show and watched a few episodes. Patrick Harris, Katherine SP, Lauren Conrad and some non celebrities. While it be great to have someone do the grunt work and organize for you it’s basically stuff you’d buy at the container store (never been but driven by it) and, take a weekend to knock it out. There was too much screaming going on for me but the end results were nice.

Oddly enough, I was googling the show beforehand and see that one of the stars has breast cancer. Sad news. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/07/entertainment/clea-shearer-the-home-edit-breast-cancer-cec/index.html

I continue to wish they would show more about how they organize, but they probably think the nitty-gritty part is boring to watch.  One thing I have liked is how they make use of the back of doors for putting sort of like pegboard grids with different sizes of catch-all bins.  They also made very good use of closets in terms of bringing in more shelving.  It seemed like this season had more genuine functional make-overs rather than the glam-looking ones from last season.

But it was bizarre for the pantry episode, that they put the uncovered produce on a pantry shelf...I've never seen that before.  I understand they wanted to encourage the kids to snack on it, but it still seemed weird.  Considering how important healthy snacking is for them to achieve, I gotta say that the make-your-own trail mix isn't going to be that healthy...but it's still better than that massive bag of cheese balls that the mom was toting for the little boy!

• Love 1
On 4/9/2022 at 1:33 AM, ByaNose said:

While it be great to have someone do the grunt work and organize for you it’s basically stuff you’d buy at the container store (never been but driven by it) and, take a weekend to knock it out. 

Although it may seem like it, it's really not that simple for some people  They just don't 'get' the concept of putting like items together, and how to determine groupings for things that are somewhat dissimilar, and how is the best method to store something, and how to evaluate whether something really needs to be kept or not...to say nothing of the dauntingness of just taking that first step when it all seems so overwhelming.

• Love 1

They need to cut down on the screaming, why do Clea & Joanna squeal like that when the owners come back? It's ridiculous, then the owners start screaming & it's just a bunch of people hopping around & screaming. Enough

No interest in Clea & Joanna's family, & they're spending too much time on backstories. I just want to see how they organize. 

Enough with the kids room organizations, I have no interest.

Why was Kevin Hart part of the last story? I realize he knows them, but his "presence" contributed nothing, is there some kind of mandatory celebrity quota they have to have?

Edited by GaT
added a word
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, GaT said:

is there some kind of mandatory celebrity quota they have to have?

Apparently yes. But I was quite happy that he was only peripherally involved and not the main story. 

Just catching up with this show. Jordana Brewster and her pantry. Um, she never thought of a step stool or ladder? Is she that dumb or is everyone in Hollywood that out of touch? Also she really needed her freezer organized? The freezer?!  I guess I must be more organized than I thought because I bought a step stool/ladder about 10 years ago for my pantry. Just sayin…..

• LOL 1

I enjoy the show as a reality show. I don’t really care if the clients are celebrities or regulars, since I don’t know half the celebs. 

As for organization, it seems like people are organized or they’re not. If you don’t “get” how to put like items together or to organize a room or pantry by function, then you’re never going to get it.

I wonder how long these beautiful organized rooms stay that way. I think of a kids room with shelves of craft items like pompoms, markers, pipe cleaners, etc. I envision the little kids pulling all that appealing colourful stuff out and dumping it on the floor. The exasperated (disorganized) parents will just grab it all at the end of a long day and dump it in a big bin and shove it on the shelf. Same with a pantry that a family accesses regularly. What prevents these naturally messy people from just shoving those bins on a random shelf when they’re in a hurry? 

I really felt bad for that musician guy who had that beautiful rec room/studio with a gorgeous wet bar and they ripped it out for some shelves for the kids. Oy. I would have kept it and loaded those wine fridges with fresh fruit and veggies and juice boxes and used the cabinets to hide some utilitarian kid stuff like colouring books and crayon bins. 

One thing I wondered about the “open face” closet - why did they put one shoe each in those plastic shoe dividers? Wouldn’t you put the pair in there so you have twice as much room for shoes? And why do they put those shoe bins centred on the shelf when it looks like they could fit another set if they fit them right to the walls? Seems like a waste of space. My kingdom for shoe storage.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Shermie said:

One thing I wondered about the “open face” closet - why did they put one shoe each in those plastic shoe dividers? Wouldn’t you put the pair in there so you have twice as much room for shoes? And why do they put those shoe bins centred on the shelf when it looks like they could fit another set if they fit them right to the walls? Seems like a waste of space. My kingdom for shoe storage.

I have those shoe organizers. I can fit 2 shoes per opening because I have size 8 flats. One sits horizontally and one squeezes in on its side. Tall heels? A man’s Nikes? Not going to fit. I’m not sure why they didn’t squeeze more in, but the width could have come up just short. Or they had X pairs of shoes and Y shelves, and wanted to balance the look.

I gave up on this show about three episodes in, but I had to come back and say how hilarious it was that Reese Witherspoon’s new movie “Your Place or Mine” (don’t bother unless you need completely mindless - It isn’t offensive, but it isn’t good) made fun of books sorted by color not once, but twice!!

• LOL 1