Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

5,173 steps yesterday.

The trip up to town and a brief shopping there added to steps. My right knee is aching some, might be the getting used to the new shoes and the different angle of my foot in them. Whatever it is, I'm going to take it a bit easy today.

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but a friend in CA sold me his used iPhone13 that he was going to eBay, when he found out I was looking to upgrade, he offered it to me for $300. My iPhone 7 is going to be obsolete soon and as it is the highest upgrade it will take is ios 15.7. I spent part of the morning up in town at AT&T getting it activated. No more Consumer Cellular live locations in MT!!  I'm really liking it a lot! It is a bit bigger than my 7 size-wise, but the screen is huge by comparison! Today I will watch a bunch of videos on how to use it... that will help with the taking it easy!!

My friend finished the outside trim on the kitty house window yesterday so now it is complete. At some time in the very distant future we are going to put new trim on the inside of the windows, just to pretty it up.  I'm going to have to look for one of those oil heaters for the kitty house for Winter. The insulation is helping alot as it is. It was 40° outside when I fed them this morning and 58° inside their house even with the door ajar! Without any heater!

I am an Android person (Samsung S21 Plus Ultra) but lately I'm not loving my phone, my service or Google Assistant, which continues to get buggier and buggier. I used to love Verizon and had no problems with my phones for years or the software but it's just gotten worse over the years. After spending an hour on the phone with technical support getting nowhere I went to the Verizon store yesterday to see if I could solve one of my problems (the hands free feature won't work with the lock screen on even though I've set it to do so) and they told me it was either a bug or a change in the Google Assistant app that was causing my issue. So I had to take my password off my lock screen so Google Assistant will work. I use it when I'm driving and in the house sometimes. This actually happened once before a few years ago and I had to wait until Google worked out whatever glitch was causing it which took at least a month.

Anyway, my husband is an iPhone person but he has just as many complaints about his iPhone 12 as I do about my Samsung phone.

So far I've had 6,192 steps today (and counting). I'm still dieting and doing my daily walking but my weight stays the same. On top of that my bruised shin has pretty much healed but I still have swelling in the knee that won't go down and my right leg looks bigger than my left now by a little bit. I know it's the edema. I probably now have another blockage under my knee inhibiting my circulation and that's why (I say another because I already have a cyst under that knee from doing a ton of treadmill about 20 years ago). There's a little bulge under my right knee and it's a little sensitive to the touch. It's getting better but very slowly. I don't have pain but I do have discomfort and a strained feeling at times. I'm seeing the doctor this coming Friday about that and to hear the test results from my leg ultrasound. The tech. told me it's not a vascular issue but edema, possibly lymphedema. I'm dreading what they're going to tell me I have to do. I am sick of what I'm going through with this in general and now I have this new thing thanks to a nothing fall. But my luck there won't be any solution and I'm just going to be stuck with this. I know that's pessimistic but it seems like for me the answer is always "no" or there's no cure or solution for anything. And when there is it's in the form of a drug I can't take.

Also, I read that not only can Hashimoto's make it difficult for a person to lose weight but so can lymphedema. Add to that being a post-menopausal woman and short and I'm getting closer to knowing the medical reasons why I have such difficulty losing weight even while doing all the right things.

And yes, being short makes it harder to lose weight too for several reasons.  It sucks. 

• Hugs 2
(edited)

5,543 steps yesterday.

That was me trying to take it easy!     😸

Mostly just doing chores around the house and making sure to get out of my recliner each hour to walk at least 200 steps. I went out in the early evening trying to spy out where one of the kitties was going off to each evening and found her by my pump house sitting in the last of the sun on the dome of the end of the natural gas line.

On the way back inside, something bit me and I have a couple of angry swellings on my arm today. One the size of a green grape at the base of my left thumb and the other mid arm about a puffy 2" x 1". I slapped a mosquito off my arm as I came in. But this is a pretty severe even for me, response to that. Alternating Arnica and Aloe Vera on them to keep the itching down. Annoying more that anything else, I want to scratch them but fight the urges.

That is great news @Absolom!!

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 2
  • Thanks 1

The kitty sounds so cute.  I hate bug bites and they seem to get worse as I get older.  I hope the itching stops soon.

Thanks.  It's so strange to have doctors telling me to eat as much as I can.  I'd become so wired to not gaining.

• Like 2