Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Everybody's Got A Cousin in Miami

Cranberry
  • Start Topic

When Jackie realizes Junior's involved with Sherry Henry's murder, she enlists Ray and the entire CCINU to track him down -- before Frankie has him murdered. Renee finds herself deeply questioning her budding relationship with Ray.

Airdate: June 28, 2020

Why didn't Jackie ask Donna to track Junior's phone when she found he had already left the hotel? That was how she knew to go there in the first place.  Junior still had his phone until they threw it in the water with Kizzle's head and hands.  Sloppy plotting.

• Love 1

Jackie isn't one for brains, just audacity. 

Ray, your next expense account better be for a course in police work.  You done screwed yourself.

It's too bad the show spent so much time early on making every single one of the characters so unlikeable that I don't care too much who wins in this cat and mouse game.  The overall plot is actually quite good, but they're running out of places to go with it.

So, did Junior off himself out of shame, or did Osito track him to the restroom and do him in as ordered?

Jackie actually went to work!  Even if it was part of the plot.

I don't think I've ever been so glad to see someone die as Kizzle.  The actor went over the top to bring out the despicable.

1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

So, did Junior off himself out of shame, or did Osito track him to the restroom and do him in as ordered?

I assumed that he offed himself.  I interpreted Osito disappearing Kizzle as Osito choosing to defy Frankie, which was compounded by not only letting Junior live, but helping him get away and Osito possibly getting himself gone as well.  It seemed pretty clear that Osito had enough of Frankie's shit when they were talking on the phone.

It would have been a good plot misdirect if Osito had hot shot Junior, but it would have been risky in a public restroom and I don't think he'd have gone to the trouble of setting Junior up first - buying the ticket, giving him a couple grand in seed money, etc.  It would have been simpler to just kill him after he killed Kizzle.  But then he'd have had to dig the grave(s) and get rid of the heads and hands by himself.

I don't really get the head and hands bit.  They said that Kizzle had just got out of prison.  At least here in California, inmates are required to submit a DNA sample to the statewide database.  Any body found out in the woods without obvious ID would get a DNA test, and it would match Kizzle's. That's if Massachusetts does the same thing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

I don't really get the head and hands bit.  They said that Kizzle had just got out of prison.  At least here in California, inmates are required to submit a DNA sample to the statewide database.  Any body found out in the woods without obvious ID would get a DNA test, and it would match Kizzle's. That's if Massachusetts does the same thing.

For ages bodies were ID'd from fingerprints and dental records so cutting off the hands and head and dumping them somewhere else is old school murder cleanup. Of course Osito told Jr. to toss his sweaty blood soaked hoodie into the grave so if there is DNA taken it will just point back to Jr anyway. DNA takes time and money so unless it is a high profile case the local police won't bother to do that test, probably storing the DNA next to the thousands of rape kits they never bothered to process over the years.

• Love 2
On 6/30/2020 at 1:09 AM, Dowel Jones said:

I didn’t get it either, especially the way they just tossed the head and hands off the edge of a pier and didn’t seem to take too many precautions to get it out farther in the water. Seems like it could easily wash up or be found where they threw it. I thought it would have been safer buried in the hole out in the middle of the woods. You’d think a fisherman would know a better place to hide it in the water. 

I had to run the scene back where Renee found the expense report. At first when I saw the ticket that said “Dirty Dancing” it was the receipt from the first time he paid her for the lap dance. Then I remembered that was the movie they saw on their date. LOL.