Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Calling Room Service

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I brought this over from the episode thread :

Supposedly, you can also play Dark Side of The Moon (Pink Floyd album, she added unnecessarily) while playing the movie The Wizard of Oz and it syncs with the characters lips moving.

It doesn't sync up with mouth movements so much as the film's direction (character appearances, action sequences, and such).

I think you have to start the album when the lion roars.

You press play on the album on the second roar by the lion.  My college had a movie night where we did it.  Totally works, by the way.

• Love 2

That was an interesting topic going rapidly off-topic. Glad you brought it here tbh.

The first song pair that I remember hearing about way back when is Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" and Steely Dan's "Do It Again". Same back beat and rythym. Another pair of (much) older songs is the popular song for New Year's Eve, "Auld Lang Syne" (sp?) and "America The Beautiful". You can sing the lyrics for either one to the tune from the other and the cadence and syllables match up perfectly.

It has come to my attention that some people have an interest in shirtless Gordon, and it occurred to me that a small portion of those viewers might have a shallow passing interest in buff shirtless blondes.  If you can tolerate wholesome youthful looks, Farm Kings is returning this evening on the GAC network.  I watch for the farming, of course, and the secret to Mama King's energy source and tomato basil pie; the boys are a bonus.  ;-)

• Love 1

They showed a different episode of Hotel Hell in my neck of Canada this week, on which I will spoil nothing, except that dear Gordo was again half-naked. I was watching it with some friends, including a man in his 70's. He was so traumatised when he say Gordon in his Speedos that he had to leave the room. 

They showed a different episode of Hotel Hell in my neck of Canada this week, on which I will spoil nothing, except that dear Gordo was again half-naked. I was watching it with some friends, including a man in his 70's. He was so traumatised when he say Gordon in his Speedos that he had to leave the room.

Hahahaha.

The other day I watched a Kitchen Nightmares rerun on BBC America. I had forgotten that Gordon would remove his shirt and change into a chef's jacket while in the back of the kitchen.