Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

OK I’m very confused. So during this quarantine I decided to re-watch the entire series of the real housewives of New Jersey. I’ve been watching on Hulu (I was an avid fan for a long time and I stopped watching around season five). So after watching season seven where Siggy was one of the new housewives, I loved her! I thought she was real and sweet and she just wanted to be a peacemaker all the time and I thought she was absolutely wonderful. However on season eight I felt like she was almost a different person. She’s very self-centered and an emotional mess and I don’t know. Is it just me???

• Love 5
On 6/17/2020 at 9:11 PM, Katie6584 said:

OK I’m very confused. So during this quarantine I decided to re-watch the entire series of the real housewives of New Jersey. I’ve been watching on Hulu (I was an avid fan for a long time and I stopped watching around season five). So after watching season seven where Siggy was one of the new housewives, I loved her! I thought she was real and sweet and she just wanted to be a peacemaker all the time and I thought she was absolutely wonderful. However on season eight I felt like she was almost a different person. She’s very self-centered and an emotional mess and I don’t know. Is it just me???

No, it’s not just you.

i also have been rewatching the series during quarantine and wrist surgery. Siggy was definitely two different people from season 7 to season 8. I did wonder if a lot was due to going through menopause but even after she got some treatment, she was just a messy and so fricking annoying and self-centered.

it was all about her and how she felt, didn’t she realize that role is reserved exclusive for Teresa the Felon?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Siggy is the Jill Zarin of Jersey, but worse.  Her twitter feed is horrifying.

OMG u shouldve put a warning....I went and looked at it and horrifying isnt a strong enough word 🤮.  I am not sure why but I thought she wouldve been the exact opposite.  

• Love 2

I estimate that I have less of a problem with Siggy than 80% of the viewers, but where she lost me was when she was completely unwilling to change her game plan when Margaret was added into the mix.

Season 7, Jacqueline brings Siggy onto the show, so as a sign of deference, Siggy is Jacqueline’s wing-woman, and Siggy and Dolores obviously have some type of side agreement to never say a bad word about the other one that lasted through season 8.  In other words, Siggy thought she knew her place at the bottom of the pecking order of Housewives as a newcomer and was happy to exist there, as she figured she’d rise up the ranks eventually.

Season 8, there is a newcomer Margaret, whom Siggy brought onto the show, but Margaret is suddenly speaking up and not doing Siggy’s bidding like she anticipated, and Siggy simply couldn’t come to terms with it and lost her ever-loving mind and never quite recovered it.  I would think, at 50 years old and a relationship expert, Siggy could have gathered her wits about her and said, “ok, this is not going to plan.  Time to regroup.”  But no, she let it take her down, and I don’t respect that.  

My other problem with Siggy was that she had different standards for people based on their status.  Ironically, Margaret goes on to make that same mistake in seasons nine and ten.  Siggy would let Teresa get away with murder, because Teresa was HBIC, and Melissa was under Teresa’s protection, so even though Siggy never really liked Melissa (points to Siggy), those two were untouchable.  Danielle was even afforded way more leeway than she deserved due to her ‘insider’ status.

So Margaret was left as the lone duck for Siggy to make her attack, and I just didn’t find that fair.  If you’re going to be a bitch, fine, be a bitch to everyone equally.  

Where this crescendoed in ugliness, I think, was at the restaurant in Milan on the first night they were there.  The topic of walking in Kim D’s fashion show came up, Siggy did not feel like she could take on Teresa and Melissa, so she just switched the topic of conversation to Margaret having brought up Hitler’s name with regard to Kim D’s fashion show in a prior conversation, and called Margaret an anti-Semite, because that was all she had in her arsenal, and I thought it was pretty ugly (though I’m not clutching my pearls over it either.  I’ve seen a lot worse).  

The topic of Kim D’s fashion show is utterly ridiculous.  That thing was being aired in season eight come hell or high water.  They kept giving us shots from outside of the venue, making sure to get the name out there, so it was premeditated by the powers that be that someone on the cast was going to go there for something.  I guess, as relative newcomers, Dolores and Siggy drew the short straws and had to walk.  I really wish they would have been able to break the fourth wall and say that.  

But I don’t know where all this moral indignation came from for Kim D in season eight in the first place.  Everyone should have been done with her after season four, where she set Melissa up at the fashion show, but they needed her for drama (her show was the season finale for season five), so all of their hands were dirty there, and I guess the show just saw her as a necessary evil (and I disagree with the show there—I simply think Kim D is evil).  

So with all of this in mind, I am not sure how I felt about Margaret making the analogy about guilty by association vis a vis Kim D, and just because Hitler wouldn’t have killed Margaret in the Holocaust, that doesn’t make him good.  This was a really wasted opportunity for Siggy, because what she really should have said was, “How are you so sure Hitler wouldn’t have killed you Margaret?  Would you not have assisted Jews in escaping?  Would you have cooperated with the Nazis?”  Total blown opportunity.  

But Siggy was ridiculous in her increasing insistence that no one should ever mention Hitler’s name unless they’re referring to the Holocaust, and then she changed it to no one should ever mention Hitler’s name around her period, which made her sound like a Holocaust denier, and I think she should have been called out for same, which was a missed opportunity on Margaret’s part. 

Just as an aside, I think people should take about Hitler often.  He was a genocidal dictator who was able to commit systematic mass murder of a population of a continent for over a decade, and he did this in the 20th century.  I think Stalin should be studied and talked about too.  I’m not even advocating talking about genocide in an effort to “never forget”; I think it goes far beyond that and it is worthwhile to study how such organized evil was allowed to flourish for so long in the modern world and use our best efforts never to let it happen again.  I don’t think Siggy would disagree with any of this, but she became so unhinged, so irrational, that she played herself.  

If Siggy is that much of a special snowflake that no one can mention Hitler around her, but her dad, who was in a concentration camp, can teach college courses about it, there’s something untoward going on, and Siggy might need some counseling.  

I think she had a good, if confused, heart and I liked her family and her home, but the best thing Siggy could do was get off this show, because it seemed like she was having a nervous breakdown toward the end.  There is nothing Margaret did that justified that much of a response, whether it was having a memorial for Teresa’s mom, calling Siggy “Soggy”, weighing in on Posche fashion show, mentioning Hitler by way of analogy, or anything else.  Siggy had a Margaret problem that she didn’t have the maturity to solve, so the show had to go on without her.  

I wish her the best.  I hope she actually moved to Boca.  I hope her kids are doing well.  I don’t go on social media, because I think it’s a cesspool on my soul, but my conclusion from watching the show is that Siggy was like the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz in that she lacked the courage to go up against Teresa, so all frustration was re-routed to Margaret, who didn’t deserve all the rage.  I don’t think Siggy lacked a brain or a heart, but without the courage, the narratives stop making sense and it’s time for a change-up.  

Best example I can think of is at the reunion, Andy was sort of deconstructing Margaret’s metaphor and he said that Kim D never build a concentration camp, and Teresa interjected “That we know of!  That we know of!”  I thought it was kind of funny, because I have a dark sense of humor like that, but Siggy should have walked off the set in response to Teresa “making light of” the Holocaust, yet there was no response from Siggy, because she was more afraid of Teresa than she felt the need to live up to the standard that she articulated, and that kind of told me all I needed to know about her.  

On 7/6/2020 at 10:54 PM, AttackTurtle said:

Siggy is the Jill Zarin of Jersey

She really is, even though I don’t read her social media, but what season eight Siggy and RHNYC season three Jill had in common was that the cameras went up, and each of them went in on their respective targets—Margaret and Bethenny—with no mercy.  

Siggy even admitted as such at the reunion.  She told Margaret that she wanted to destroy her, because Margaret pissed her off, and as an Israeli, her response is to destroy.  How insulting to the Israelis!  This cast has done so much work to destroy the reputation of Italian-Americans, but I think, in one fell swoop, Siggy took the title of exaggerating a stereotype in order to rationalize completely irrational behavior in the worst taste possible. 

But what I said about liking Siggy more than 80% of the viewers comes in because there are so many shady characters that make their way onto this show, such as Kim D, that I am grading Siggy on a curve, and I just don’t believe she was worse than the way that Jacqueline and Caroline acted in concert to take Teresa down in season four and the way the Gorgas-Walkiles coordinated to take Teresa down in season three.  The way they all went in for the kill on Danielle in seasons one and two was so disgusting, and only Teresa and Dina can be forgiven because they later expressed regret about their actions.  Crickets from Caroline and Jacqueline.  Kim G—also vile.  If Siggy can get on the proper meds, I would think she would have a much greater sense of empathy that Melissa, and that’s not nothing. 

So it’s a mixed bag with Siggy—mostly negative—but this show tends to attract the lowest of the low.  That one twin that was on for one season—Teresa Aprea—she had freaking ice in her veins.  I’m halfway convinced she had no soul once I looked into her eyes.  Siggy is better than her at the very least.  Clink, clink.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t go on social media, because I think it’s a cesspool on my soul,

So well said. I avoid social media also. Can I have your permission to use this statement because it is such a perfect description?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2