Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: There's No Place to Go but Down

• Start Topic

AIRING MAY 15, 2020

Acting as a judge, Bane sentences Harley and Ivy to life in Bane's prison, which is a giant pit in the ground; Jim Gordon and Batgirl vow to take back the GCPD headquarters from Two Face.

Really good episode. 

Who knew Bane was better at rehabilitating criminals than paid therapists? He truly is a treasure. The fact that he even though he is a criminal he still believed in being an impartial judge. 

So glad that Man Bat wore a tie to court it shows just how serious he takes his job. 

Loved that the Barbara/Jim storyline was basically any 80's film with montage and cheesy music during the fight scene. Also the fact the hero can stand in the middle of a gun fight without getting shot. Will be interested to see just where he goes from here. 

Had no problem with how the kiss was set up. I know some are upset about Ivy being all about Kiteman and then just kissing Harley at the end. However, the situation was so emotional that it made sense to me at least. Now how it goes from here will be interesting. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I know people want to see Harley/Ivy together romantically, but I do feel like this show has done such a good job establishing them as 1) best friends, and 2) firm heterosexuals (both of them), that it kinda seems unnecessary to go there with this version of them.

I think if they wanted to do this all along they should have dropped more hints from earlier on that at least one of them had some kind of crush on the other one. Probably Ivy, because of Harley's Joker obsession. To put Ivy with Kite Man and actually make her genuinely into him to the point that I think it created fans of them together makes her sudden romantic interest in Harley seem out of nowhere. 

I think the romance between these two can work if Ivy's the one who maybe always had a thing for Harley at first, and then Harley reciprocates eventually. It's not that hard to believe Harley would, because her co-dependent personality and need to have a partner leads her to go with it if someone exhibits interest or love for her, imo.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 2

I hope Bane isn't gone for good. He's too funny to be done forever. Also, we need more people like him to be interested in true prison reform 😉 

Idk what to make of that ending. They've hinted at before but as Harley/Ivy wasn't there yet in their personal journey, they never followed through with it. Ivy really does like Kite Man but if she had to choose, Harley is her No. 1 so I see heartbreak in the future for Kite Man (unless they enter a polyamorous relationship).

• Love 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, kdm07 said:

I see heartbreak in the future for Kite Man (unless they enter a polyamorous relationship).

Death is coming for him...Two-Face & Riddler are looking for revenge

Ivy dumping him at the altar would make her look bad.

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1

Was going over the episode and realized we didn't have the crew at all this episode. Surprisingly for this episode it was okay. However, don't want it to become a habit. 

I doubt Bane is dead. If Joker and Batman can survive having an entire building falling on them than Bane can survive a fall and possibly fire. However, I think the worry for Bane is there because the producers got what they wanted when they killed the Penguin. Someone had to be sacrificed so that the stakes would be real so the audience would have to wonder if others would be killed. 

I do understand why some people think the kiss came out of nowhere but to me that is why it works. This was a heat of the moment after a life and death situation where they got carried away for one moment. Then they broke apart wondering what they just did. The fact that they hadn't really had these other moments before works because it came out the blue. Now they have to evaluate why did they kiss. Was it just a moment of happiness that they got a little too carried away with or is there something more buried below? 

• Love 5
On 5/16/2020 at 6:58 PM, ybrik said:

I doubt Bane is dead.

Harley could neutralize Bane by giving him an empire of "Big & Tall" stores that sell everything from clothing to office furniture...

7 hours ago, paigow said:

Harley could neutralize Bane by giving him an empire of "Big & Tall" stores that sell everything from clothing to office furniture...

Latex free lab tubing, suitable for venom....

Can they create a new bit with the 2 fanboys complaining that Bat Girl should be recast because she is not gay enough? I know the season is already in the can but it could be a special post credits scene... 

• Love 1