Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Riddler U

paigow
  • Start Topic

Harley and Ivy go undercover as college students to take down Riddler, who's made himself the dean of the local university, where he has sinister plans for the students, including Barbara Gordon, Commissioner Gordon's daughter.

Seeing how I'm almost at the end of season 1 in my billionth rewatch of "Community," it should be pretty much impossible to forget that Jim Rash is playing The Riddler. I mean, he looks like him, he sounds like him... come on, he's even in charge of a college now! Or at least he was. Yet, I was into this show enough that it didn't even cross my mind until the end. This show is good enough that I'm enjoying these characters as themselves, not as the actors playing them. The writers didn't forget, though.

That final line about awakening something in Babs? That was a pure Dean Pelton shoutout.

Edited by CletusMusashi

I can hand-wave the groceries, etc thing with some kind of "loophole for international corporations" schtick. Possibly with Legion of Doom Europe involved. Hell, probably with Lex himself involved. We never saw a body. And banks are as powerful as supervillains, and often associate with them, so they've managed to loophole their way in too. What I can't figure out is how the hell Arkham is still running.

I like this take on Babs, but I don't like this idea that Harley and Ivy "inspired" her or whatever. There's something obnoxious about two villains condescendingly looking down on Batgirl. I mean, come on.

By the way, if Batgirl's here now, we've got to get Nightwing, right? If this Robin is Damian, then where's Dick?

• Love 1
On 4/10/2020 at 10:36 PM, CletusMusashi said:

What I can't figure out is how the hell Arkham is still running.

The bigger question is why chest hair grows in a triangular pattern on Gordon....Did he groom it? Or is it a mutation?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, paigow said:

The bigger question is why chest hair grows in a triangular pattern on Gordon....Did he groom it? Or is it a mutation?

I thought he groomed it to make it look like the Bat signal tbh

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, paigow said:

We need to see the GCPD ink blot test scores for Gordon...

A (dog with its head split open) pretty butterfly.

I swear the chest hair looks like a merkin.

🎶 ShiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! 🎶

Once again Poison Ivy is a mood, frat parties are gross. Also agreed on Gordon's chest hair, it's INSANE.

On 4/11/2020 at 2:03 AM, ruby24 said:

By the way, if Batgirl's here now, we've got to get Nightwing, right? If this Robin is Damian, then where's Dick?

I believe it was mentioned at some point last season that Nightwing resides in Bludhaven, but I might be misremembering. 

Honestly, at first I wouldn't be able to distinguish this Barbara Gordon from a minor character, which I guess is the point because once she started doing parkour all over campus I was like "Yep, that's her." I think Babs was always inspired by Batman, and became Batgirl in this episode not only because she caught the superhero bug and "New" Gotham is in desperate need of one, but also to help restore her father's faith in heroes and crimefighting spirit. In fact I can very easily imagine Jim being a lot like her when he was young and just starting out as a cop before however many years of being Gotham's commissioner took its toll.

Speculation time! Clayface seems super-invested in his Stephanie character and "her" relationship with Chad at Riddler U, and Doctor Psycho complained that his powers are being "squandered on menial tasks" not to mention all the trouble he and King Shark went through getting past Two-Face's goons and the Bane boys (I love that they're teaming up more btw) and now there are only three Injustice League members left to beat..who's to say Harley's crew won't each want a piece of New Gotham for themselves when they're done?

• Useful 1
32 minutes ago, Apathy said:

now there are only three Injustice League members left to beat..who's to say Harley's crew won't each want a piece of New Gotham for themselves when they're done?

Bane seems like the most likely to join Team Harley...He has a lot of emotional vulnerabilities that could be exploited

• Love 1
1 hour ago, paigow said:

Bane seems like the most likely to join Team Harley...He has a lot of emotional vulnerabilities that could be exploited

She's based in a mall... there must be a decent furniture store somewhere with a padded folding nice executive chair!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, paigow said:

That's also a possibility! He suggested including her in negotiations last episode, plus he'll want to get back at the other Injustice Leaguers for being jerks to him.

• Love 1