Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Enemies

What bit George? It looked like a cable out of the lake. Poor robot. Screeching was the only way it could communicate. Nice that George left it his arm. I just wonder how he managed to row back with one arm!

• Love 5
On 4/7/2020 at 4:35 PM, LittleIggy said:

What bit George? It looked like a cable out of the lake. Poor robot. Screeching was the only way it could communicate. Nice that George left it his arm. I just wonder how he managed to row back with one arm!

Some kind of water snake I think.  

I wonder why on earth he would go back to the island at night?  I understand facing your fears, but alone at night?  No, no for me thanks.

This show has a way of evoking a wide range of emotions.  I find it compelling.  

• Love 3
On 4/11/2020 at 6:45 AM, Ranger Bob said:

Some kind of water snake I think.  

Yes, Loretta says toward the end of the episode it was snake, when George was wondering to her if he should tell the boys what happened.

Here we see Russ being a jerk to his only child, with barely a concern that he lost an arm and only concerned that he not tell anyone what was on the island.

I felt badly for the robot and hoped after watching we would see it again.   I wondered about the fire and the fish heads when George was a kid - was the robot trying to help him and feed him? 

With so many decades passed and the Loop able to do so much, Russ never thought to bring the robot back? People would accept it now.  Another mark against Russ.

When adult George returns, I noticed that as well as having the broken arm caused by the cattle prod, one of its eyes was out.  I wondered if the robot was slowly breaking down.

This was a good, intense ep with emotions all over the place - you KNOW the boys are going to the island (don't do that!) the two would leave George alone (assholes!) it would be scary.  I didn't realize how poignant it would be though.

• Love 3

Pretty crappy friends, though the point was the monster was good and his pals were jerks. Who was the real enemy? The main boy was no rocket surgeon either. He went on the boat trip and walked into the woods toward the monster because he was afraid his frenemies would call him chicken, just like Marty McFly.

• Love 1

Yes, Loretta says toward the end of the episode it was snake, when George was wondering to her if he should tell the boys what happened.

Yeah but I thought maybe that was just a story George and/or his father had always told everyone to explain the amputation. I never saw a snake - George was working with some kind of electronic device and then there was a quick cut to something whipping against his arm. I couldn't see what it was.

I hope George takes the robot back to the mainland, and then programs it to kill his asshole friends. I don't think I've ever been so pissed off at fictional TV characters as those horrible brats who left him on the island as a "joke." Sons of bitches should have gone to jail for attempted murder.

e.t.a. I just went back and re-watched the scene in question, and it does appear he was bitten by some kind of sea snake. When he turned and reacted to the noise from the woods, we saw something approaching him in the water from it's POV, we don't see it strike but when he turned around to look down at the water there did appear to be some sort of snake swimming away. Blink and you'll miss it, as I apparently did the first time around.

Edited by iMonrey
new info
  • Love 1

Great parenting there, Russ. Ditches his robot son on an island all alone, and couldn't even be bothered to see his human son at the hospital after losing his arm, and apparently only checks in on him to make sure he doesn't tell his secret. I hope that George takes the poor sad robot back home, and then maybe the robot can punch his asshole friends in the face. What a couple of little shits. 

The robot looked really cool and it was really nice to see George come and see it (he? she?) and give it a hand (thanks folks tip your bartender!) but even knowing that its not harmful GOD that shriek is scary! Couldn't Russ have given him a way of communicating that didn't sound like the tormented souls of the damned? 

• Love 2