Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: There Can Be Only One

• Start Topic

Well I am sad to see Frank go, I was ok with the choice. I would have actually been ok with any of the bottom 3 based on the tattoos alone. Frank was my fav of the three but we are getting towards the end so it didn't bother me too much. Then they did the second elimination and I was ok with that too. I think overall Bob has been more consistent although he has been struggling the last few challenges. 

• Love 5

At the end of the day, the chin and lower cheek area of Frank's tattoo was hideous. She looked like she had toad skin. No choice but to send him home.

Hiram on the other hand got a bit of a raw deal. Not a fan of the "surprise" double elimination. Anyone who can do the math (number of competitors compared to number of episodes remaining) knew a double elimination was coming. I would prefer if they announced prior to the challenge that it would be a double elimination. That could have impacted golden skulls or the choices made in design/tattooing. With that said, I agree that Hiram's tattoo was worse than Bob's. The perspective of Hiram's face just never looked quite right to me. 

Likewise, with 16 episodes (next week is 14) and one pardon left, it's essentially guaranteed that next week will be a pardon. And then another double elimination in episode 15 to go from 5 down to the final 3. 

I wonder what the finale will be like. Is it truly "live"? And if so, how will that be impacted by Covid-19 restrictions? Will Oliver be there given his release from the show? Or will he be allowed since this is the same season? Confusing times. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Inkmaster0345 said:

At the end of the day, the chin and lower cheek area of Frank's tattoo was hideous. She looked like she had toad skin. No choice but to send him home.

I wonder what the finale will be like. Is it truly "live"? And if so, how will that be impacted by Covid-19 restrictions? Will Oliver be there given his release from the show? Or will he be allowed since this is the same season? Confusing times. 

Agreed, Frank had to go, his was the worst by far.  Of the other 2 it was 50/50.

The finale will be interesting to see how it will be run.  Here in Australia we just had the Australian Survivor finale, only 15 of the 24 contestants made it to the reunion show where the votes were read, including one of the final 2.  This was due to travel restrictions.  Without a studio audience it also lacked energy.  Are you allowed to get tattoos in America at the moment?  Here in Australia tattoo parlors have been shut down because of the close contact needed.

I was actually surprised Nunez didn't save Hiram - I think he's been doing good work this whole season. Frank had to go - as much as I liked him, that tattoo was an abomination.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Eliza422 said:

I was actually surprised Nunez didn't save Hiram - I think he's been doing good work this whole season. Frank had to go - as much as I liked him, that tattoo was an abomination.

I think they are going to use the save for Jimmy.

That is Frank's 3rd week in a row in the bottom so had to go.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/1/2020 at 7:37 PM, dstann said:

Are you allowed to get tattoos in America at the moment?  Here in Australia tattoo parlors have been shut down because of the close contact needed.

There’s no national restriction, it’s all state by state. A week or so ago I think you could get one in a number of states- now there might be a couple where you still could, but not more than 3 or 4 probably. I’m in California and the tattoo shops have been closed statewide since March 19.

I was sorry to see Hiram go, and I think he has a rough canvas. Nevertheless, his was definitely worth being in the bottom, so that’s the way it goes.

I’m not sure who I think Nunez will pardon - Jerrel to ensure drama?

Edited by Etta Place
  • Love 2

So glad I read this because I didn't see Hiram get eliminated. Not sure if I just shut it off after Frank left or my DVR cut it out, but regardless both eliminations made sense. I liked Frank, but his tattoo was horrible. Am I correct in remembering portraits are supposed to be Hiram's strength. If so, not this week.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

So glad I read this because I didn't see Hiram get eliminated. Not sure if I just shut it off after Frank left or my DVR cut it out, but regardless both eliminations made sense. I liked Frank, but his tattoo was horrible. Am I correct in remembering portraits are supposed to be Hiram's strength. If so, not this week.

Hiram said that his canvas had very difficult skin which made it very hard for him to tattoo.

On 4/2/2020 at 12:37 PM, dstann said:

Agreed, Frank had to go, his was the worst by far.  Of the other 2 it was 50/50.

The finale will be interesting to see how it will be run.  Here in Australia we just had the Australian Survivor finale, only 15 of the 24 contestants made it to the reunion show where the votes were read, including one of the final 2.  This was due to travel restrictions.  Without a studio audience it also lacked energy.  Are you allowed to get tattoos in America at the moment?  Here in Australia tattoo parlors have been shut down because of the close contact needed.

Hello fellow Aussie.

I hadn't done the math so the double elimination was a surprise to me.

Hiram deserved a pardon - Jimmy does not, he's a great tattooer in his style but not versatile enough to be an Ink Master, IMO.

• Like 1
On 4/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, sunshine23 said:

You're correct. Hiram's instagram and website are both full of beautiful portrait work. Unfortunately, he'll be added to the long list of artists over the years who got sent home for doing poorly on what was supposed to be their specialty. 

• Love 2
On 4/4/2020 at 7:25 PM, dstann said:

Hiram said that his canvas had very difficult skin which made it very hard for him to tattoo.

I'm sure the skin definitely has an effect on the quality of the tattoo, but that tattoo was wrong in so many ways, there were more reasons than just the skin. Also, other people have also had to tattoo older skin, some with better results than others. Luck of the draw.

• Love 3