Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Kiss of the Spider Woman

Gloria is putting pressure on Katy to design a wedding dress that would be career changing for her. Jorge wants to keep pushing his career forward, so he decides to put on a show. Josie is frustrated that nothing has come from her EP party. Meanwhile, Pepper turns to Alexander and Xandra for an investment opportunity.

Promo:

Original air date: 3/19/20

There are a lot of songs on this episode.  I didn’t really notice them much in the previous episodes, so it feels a little forced in this one to have so many.  

• Love 1
On 3/19/2020 at 5:38 PM, alexa said:

There are a lot of songs on this episode.  I didn’t really notice them much in the previous episodes, so it feels a little forced in this one to have so many.  

Yeah, I didn’t know what to think. Is this becoming Glee? It felt off to have so many musical numbers all of a sudden. 

• Love 2
On 3/19/2020 at 5:38 PM, alexa said:

I am assuming it was a nod to Kiss Of the SpiderWoman turning it into a full on musical but I very much did not like it. 

• Love 4

They are going to lose me fast if they keep up with these musical numbers.  I could also take less Jorge, he is way too extra for me.  This is the first week that I found myself bored and wandering off during the episode.  

I am also confused, did Pepper sleep with the prince guy, too?  Like I said, I was in and out during this episode and the previous one.  I’m finding myself more and more confused.  

• Love 2
On 3/22/2020 at 7:34 PM, geauxaway said:

They are going to lose me fast if they keep up with these musical numbers.  I could also take less Jorge, he is way too extra for me.  This is the first week that I found myself bored and wandering off during the episode.  

This is the third week I found myself bored and wandering off, after liking the first four episodes a lot. Actually, the eighth episode has already aired now, but I've been catching up much more slowly lately so I just got to this one. 

Not only do they need to lose the musical numbers (who in the demographic watching this was dying to hear so many songs from Kiss of the Spider Woman?), but they have to get rid of the completely charisma-free Cabots. Every time either of them are on screen, I am so incredibly bored. (And I always loved their characters in the comic books!) 

I could also take less Jorge. Katy was right that he is very self-centered. Yes, that makes sense for the character (I have known many theater kid types just like him), but it's kind of a lot to take when we haven't gotten much of a chance to know him otherwise. 

I'm never bored when Katy is at Lacy's. They should keep the focus there as much as possible. 

• Love 2