Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Unfinished Business

While Jedi Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi lead an attack against the Separatist forces on Anaxes, the Bad Batch and Anakin Skywalker infiltrate an enemy starship to ensure a Republic victory.

Wow was that the first time we really saw pissed off Anakin? I mean, he straight up cut Trench's arm(s) off. He opened the door and he was snarling. 

How could Windu only have killed 100,000 droids? He must be off by an order of magnitude. 

The original Clone Wars short of Windu wasting like thousands of them and barely breaking a sweat is still his best scene.

Ah, that was fun.  But is that the third or the FOURTH time the blowing up of a central fusion reactor via a stealth mission in the middle of a major battle has been a plot point?  Oh who cares . . . this whole fictional universe was born out the recognition of heroic archetypes in stories that span various cultures, so plot archetype must be a legitimate thing too.

Damn . . . that was some serious foreshadowing of Anakin's susceptibility to the dark side.

I loved the rivalry between Crosshair & Wrecker as to their droid body count, which is (I presume) an homage to the score-keeping rivalry between Gimli and Legolas in Lord of the Rings.  It made me laugh.  But it's worth noting that it's only "funny" because Wrecker & Crosshair are killing droids while Gimli & Legolas were killing Orcs.  Scorekeeping like that would seem grotesque to us if it were humans (or humanoids) who were dying.

On 9/1/2020 at 10:34 AM, WatchrTina said:

I loved the rivalry between Crosshair & Wrecker as to their droid body count, which is (I presume) an homage to the score-keeping rivalry between Gimli and Legolas in Lord of the Rings.  It made me laugh.  But it's worth noting that it's only "funny" because Wrecker & Crosshair are killing droids while Gimli & Legolas were killing Orcs.  Scorekeeping like that would seem grotesque to us if it were humans (or humanoids) who were dying.

Er, orcs are humanoid. So are these particular droids for that matter, at least, shape-wise. 

8 hours ago, Meushell said:

Er, orcs are humanoid. So are these particular droids for that matter, at least, shape-wise. 

Okay maybe I misused the word "humanoid".  I stumbled over the notion because in my mind "human" actually means people from the planet Earth, and as far as we know there ARE no people from Earth in the Star Wars saga.  But that was very Earth-centric of me.  

The human-looking species that inhabits the Star Wars universe are seldom named.  Jar Jar Binks' species is identified as Gungan but Padme's people are just called the Naboo, which is really a place-based national identity (based on the planet Naboo) rather than a species name.  In the original movie Chewbacca is identified as a Wookie but Han's species is never identified because he, like Luke and Leia, belong to the default species, which I guess -- for lack of a better term -- we should just call "human." 

Don't mind me . . . I'm just an innocent Earthling stumbling around in a galaxy far, far away.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WatchrTina said:

Okay maybe I misused the word "humanoid".  I stumbled over the notion because in my mind "human" actually means people from the planet Earth, and as far as we know there ARE no people from Earth in the Star Wars saga.  But that was very Earth-centric of me.  

The human-looking species that inhabits the Star Wars universe are seldom named.  Jar Jar Binks' species is identified as Gungan but Padme's people are just called the Naboo, which is really a place-based national identity (based on the planet Naboo) rather than a species name.  In the original movie Chewbacca is identified as a Wookie but Han's species is never identified because he, like Luke and Leia, belong to the default species, which I guess -- for lack of a better term -- we should just call "human." 

Don't mind me . . . I'm just an innocent Earthling stumbling around in a galaxy far, far away.

I understand. I was reading humanoid in a broader sense, which would include every species you listed. I do think that the humans on Star Wars should just be given a name. If not human, then at least something.