Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11:10-8 Paperwork

When Charlie and Joseph arrest a man on his way to a major drug deal, they end up bringing a bigger fight than expected back to the station. Meanwhile, Cade and Teresa continue to deal with the complication in the adoption of their foster children and Bill comes to a big realization about his job as Sheriff, as the window on his term continues to close.

Original Air Date: March 12, 2020

I can't say this show is all that popular given the wild activity this thread is (not) getting. Even I was only half watching.

Got a huge laugh out of Cade and/or wife, doesn't matter which one, bitching to the adoption woman re: grandmother wanting the foster kids: "That woman didn't even go to their father's funeral." Cade just forgot to add: "You know, the man that I shot and killed." Yeah, small detail and maybe a pretty good reason why grandmother wants her grand kids out of that house.

Was it Bill and his father having lunch in the dinner? I can't even remember that. But I did think Bill (?) saying "What the hell is that?" about Dad's (?) sandwich was all kinds of WTH. It was a Monte Cristo sandwich and looked just like any club sandwich. It wasn't like he was eating a dead possum or something. Plus, wasn't Bill there when Dad ordered so he heard what the hell it was? Who is writing this cr*p.

Again, police car with lights and sirens going during a high-speed chase down the LA street and not one single car pulls over. Can California drivers just keep going when a cop car is coming up behind them, lights/sirens blaring? I'd be in all kinds of hot water in my state if I ruled the road over the police.

Then Bill can't hit the vehicle in front of him with that big-ass assault rifle? I could hang out of the window of a moving truck and be pretty sure I could draw a bead on the vehicle in front of me. I guess Bill should have been driving so Cade The Sniper could have done the shooting. Plus, all that wild rifle fire in a residential/business area? I guess it's lucky no bystander was shot/killed, although with Bill's crappy shooting skills, no one had to worry about that.

The rest of the show, the drama with wife's PTSD, will Bill or won't Bill run, let's blackmail people ... it all went over my head because I got distracted by something shiny that took my attention from this episode and it never came back.

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Then Bill can't hit the vehicle in front of him with that big-ass assault rifle? I could hang out of the window of a moving truck and be pretty sure I could draw a bead on the vehicle in front of me. I guess Bill should have been driving so Cade The Sniper could have done the shooting. Plus, all that wild rifle fire in a residential/business area? I guess it's lucky no bystander was shot/killed, although with Bill's crappy shooting skills, no one had to worry about that.

But tell me why all these so-called sharpshooters NEVER shoot for the tires when the bad guys are fleeing in a car and they're shooting a gazillion holes in the doors and breaking all the windows.  No one ever on any cop show, and it really irks me.

Then at the end of the episode:

"Bill Hollister, you're running for sheriff because you are the best man for the job. Since you've taken over, this city is safer, morale is higher. You're gonna run and you're gonna win."  A real "YO! Adrian" moment.

• LOL 2
19 minutes ago, preeya said:

But tell me why all these so-called sharpshooters NEVER shoot for the tires when the bad guys are fleeing in a car and they're shooting a gazillion holes in the doors and breaking all the windows.  No one ever on any cop show, and it really irks me.

My pet peeve: The cars all get zillions of bullet holes in their doors while the passengers/driver inside are never hit. If the shooters would just raise their rifles up, like another foot or two, maybe they could actually hit a person. It's sort of a no brainer. On the rare occasion glass is broken, all the excessive gun fire always misses the people. And I guess those bullets that hit the doors just bounce off or get lodged inside the car door since they never seem to actually go through the doors. And you know, actually hit a person.

On a Waltons rerun the other day, there was a standoff between police and some Walton relatives up on the mountain. The armed cops started driving toward the armed relatives, and the old uncle took one shot and blew the tire on the cop vehicle. I guess ammunition was more valuable back then so people were better shots.

LOL that the city is safer with Bill as sheriff what with all the wild car chases and excessive gunfire in ... well, everywhere.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, preeya said:

Someone who knows more about this than you or I do (I think he was a retired cop) posted on another board that they are trained Not to shoot tires because a 2-ton, out-of-control car can easily harm bystanders. He ranted that because older cop shows and movies showed cops shooting tires, viewers thought it was a good idea to shoot tires. But it is not. 
Likewise, while you and I think the cops should shoot the armed gunman in his shoulder or hand, they’re supposed to aim for the center of the mass—which on screen is usually fatal. 
I don’t know about IRL 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I guess those bullets that hit the doors just bounce off or get lodged inside the car door since they never seem to actually go through the doors.

In practice, a car door provides virtually no protection from a pistol round. Virtually every strike will penetrate into the interior and bring door-fragment 'shrapnel' with it.

A door provides even less protection from a rifle round. Most rounds easily penetrate the door, as well as any passengers, and exit through the opposite door.  

Shotgun penetration is dependent upon load type. Solids and buckshot will tear right through the door and mince the passengers. Birdshot is less capable, especially as the range increases.

Window glass is virtually useless when it comes to stopping a bullet. Even a 22LR will punch in through a window and out through the opposite side.

Windshields are much tougher, with smaller pistol calibers less likely to penetrate and larger calibers more likely to succeed.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Likewise, while you and I think the cops should shoot the armed gunman in his shoulder or hand, they’re supposed to aim for the center of the mass—which on screen is usually fatal. 

Whereas on the tv westerns, Lucas McCain can fire his rifle from the hip and shoot the gun out of the bad guy's hand while bad guy is galloping by on a horse. And bad guys always shoot the good guys in the shoulder. Always.

Meanwhile ... Thank you @Netfoot. My point exactly about those car doors!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Again, police car with lights and sirens going during a high-speed chase down the LA street and not one single car pulls over. Can California drivers just keep going when a cop car is coming up behind them, lights/sirens blaring? I'd be in all kinds of hot water in my state if I ruled the road over the police.

Truthfully on a freeway chase we are told to remain steady on the streets with new cars almost always closed with air conditioning cops will be almost on top of you before heard. And after a generation of Crown Victorias those new Ford's just don't scream police when seen in the mirror. Well maybe the California Highway Patrol's cars do because they spell out their agency with big gold letters. 

Not seen on this show but often there is literally no where to go and first responders turn off their sirens because that locks folks in front of them in place with right to pull over to.

When Sheriff Hollister started shooting back from a moving vehicle my first thought was it was a good thing he is Sheriff because that has to be out of policy shooting. And why does the Sheriff call his probationary Boot Godson instead of say the Captain in COMMAND of Lennox Station? They keep trying to use real location names, even if not filmed in California but being a local I know not Jack Bauer could beat the helicopter to the scene when driving from downtown to south LA County. Even if the Sheriff doesn't have a bird in the air LAPD's helicopter goes in mutual aide and covers until the Sheriff launches his

• Love 2

Why oh why oh why did Godson leave his paperwork and go off with Bad News Buddy Cop at the end? I thought he knew better after the last time. I always hated this kind of plot on the old Dennis the Menace and Leave It to Beaver series, and do not like it any better now. 

• LOL 3