Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Mama Said

(edited)

With Katy trying to move on from KO, she once again throws herself into her work, which turns out to be a sticky situation with her clients. Pepper is confronted about what she is up to but is surprised about the proposal she receives instead. Jorge learns he might be losing his coveted performance spot at Molly's Crisis to the winner of a drag queen pageant, so Jorge decides to enter Ginger and is surprised by his mother's reaction. Meanwhile, Josie is nervous about her mother coming to town to hear her EP release and of course meeting Alexander.

Promo:

Original air date: 3/12/20

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

All this stuff with the prince and his fiancee is kind of funny since the writers obviously had no idea about all the recent Harry & Meghan drama when they wrote these episodes.

• Love 3

It was hard to root against Deveraux because I love Shangela with every fibre of my being (halleloo!) 

I loved the Drag Queen Pagent plot and I'm really excited for Kiss of the Spiderwoman. 

Katy....Katy....Katy. Yikes. This is going to end so badly for her. Never mix work and play like this, Katy!

Pepper is lowkey a conartist, and I have to respect her game. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

Pepper is lowkey a conartist, and I have to respect her game. 

I can’t because she is also ripping off people who can’t afford it. I hate her character so very, very much.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I can’t because she is also ripping off people who can’t afford it. I hate her character so very, very much.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but as I said before, Pepper is like Anna Delvey, who ripped off a bunch of New Yorkers.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/05/how-anna-delvey-tricked-new-york.html

Also, I don't think the prince and his fiancee are based on Harry and Meghan. Meghan loves the fancy things in life and while she mixes it up, as most people do, she has some extremely expensive taste in clothes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, politichick said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, but as I said before, Pepper is like Anna Delvey, who ripped off a bunch of New Yorkers.

Yep. I mean it’s clearly the inspiration for her and I don’t like the people who glamorized her either. 

• Love 2

Prince Eroll's fiancée reminded me so much of Leighton Meester in the first scene of this episode when they were in Gloria's office.

I don't know why Katy assumed that Katy and Xandra were dating. Seeing him walk back to the car and sit on the hood while she walked into the building made me think that he worked for her as a driver or a bodyguard. I felt so vindicated later when he said he was both!

Oh, Katy. Sleeping with an engaged client was a terrible idea.

I'm kind of glad that Jorge didn't win, only because it would be a bit unbelievable if he entered only a few days beforehand, blew the Q&A segment, and then won. I want him to be successful but I also want some bits of realism in the show.

• Love 2

I know they’re trying to make Pepper loveable with her zingers but I can’t get on board with the scamming. There’s nothing redeemable about scamming anyone, especially for an “art center”. 

I thought the fiancée actress had been replaced by Leighton Meester for a moment. 

• Love 2