Type keyword(s) to search

Critter Fixers: Country Vets - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I listened to a segment on Morning Edition today about the stress vets are under and how the profession has a high suicide rate. ☹️

Sadly, yes.  And especially now, with the demand for appointments and the shortage of vets, they face even greater stress. I recently met a new vet school graduate, who described how badly behaved some of the human clients have been.  I get it.  You have a sick pet you love, and you can't get it the help it needs.  That's just awful, but it still doesn't give you the right to abuse the staff, who are trying so hard to help.

A very fine, well-known veterinary behaviorist in the Seattle area committed suicide a few years ago.  So sad ☹️

12 hours ago, Rammchick said:

I recently met a new vet school graduate, who described how badly behaved some of the human clients have been.  I get it.  You have a sick pet you love, and you can't get it the help it needs.  That's just awful, but it still doesn't give you the right to abuse the staff, who are trying so hard to help.

ALSO...since pet owners think these are their children, they expect all vet practices to have the latest equipment...latest EXPENSIVE equipment.  Then they complain about how much their vet charged.  Vets have specialties too...just like "people doctors," but the basic years of education are the same:  4yrs undergrad  4yrs vet/med school.   There are residencies and internships in both; I can't remember if they're "required."

I'm watching a new episode, (I suspect this was a compiled episode that were already aired) poor PeeWee, he has every problem in the book, and why is his owner keeping him intact with females in the house?     And the Goldendoodle, Reilly, that's eaten a bunch of socks and other items!   I'm shocked the poor dog survived.  After eating a stuffed skunk, socks and all kinds of other things, the dog is lucky Dr. Hodges could help him. 

Poor German Shepherd has one puppy, and gets in trouble.   Why do the owners wait 24 hours without another puppy, before going to the vet?   

The first episode was a compiled clip show of interesting cases.   We had a huge thunderstorm, so I saw about 2 minutes of the second show, and had to turn everything off.    Both were listed as new, but often any change or addition, or if it's a compiled clip episode, it shows as new. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

The episode that aired in the 6:00 (9:00 EDT, but I get that East coast feed on my satellite) timeslot didn't match the program guide's description, so I don't know if it was new or just new to me (I only discovered this show near the end of last season):  There was a seizing dog (first time) brought in as an emergency, a farm call for castration of a horse and some teasing Dr. Ferguson about his chicken phobia, a dizzy goat that was on death's door (and didn't make it) due to coccidia-induced anema, a pregnant dog in need of a C-section, and turtle whose story I was interrupted from watching.

King's owner must have been utterly terrified when she walked in and found her dog seizing like that.

Dr. Hodges trying to figure out an age-appropriate way to explain castration was cute, as was the little girl calling him "Sir" and giving him a thank-you hug afterward.  Was the dad standing around with a holstered gun on his hip in the interview?!

Cupid was so pale - I could tell just from the brief shot of her gums she was anemic.  The owner's face when Dr. Ferguson told her they need to find a blood donor made my heart go out to her.  I was so sad Cupid didn't make it, but glad the other two are okay.  With three young goats, no adults, and Cupid getting so sick, I hope the owner knows how to take care of goats.

That woman with the pregnant dog ought to be upset with herself, not her male dog - if you have unfixed dogs and do not separate them with basically a wall of fire, your female is going to get pregnant (not to mention be at risk of fatal pyometra and/or mammary cancer later, so fix your damn dogs!).  At least she made the right decision now.

• Love 2

My cat Aemon Targaryen has epilepsy. That first seizure is indeed terrifying. 
Poor little Cupid. ☹️ Those other two kids were the prettiest color, almost a blue merle.

Yeah, I was mad at that woman for having all of those unfixed dogs. Glad all the pups made it! The biggest one was at least twice the size of the runt.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

My cat Aemon Targaryen has epilepsy. That first seizure is indeed terrifying. 

I was in my 70s before I saw an animal (personally) have a seizure.  It was my 70#Briard.  She was eight or nine and it was the middle of the night.  Huge thrashing late at night that woke us up.  We went to the vet; she got meds ... she had 2-3 more seizures, always HUGE and SCARY.  When she would start to recover, she would run around quickly/blindly, losing urine and feces all over the house--bumping into furniture, walls, doors.  HORRIFYING!  She stayed on the meds but they made no difference.  My son wondered if it was the "prescription" dog food.  The dog needed to lose weight AND she had some arthritis.  The vet prescribed this food.  We removed that from her diet--and the medicine.  She had one more seizure and then...never again.  That was 2-3 years ago.  "Terrifying," is the right word, Little Iggy.

• Love 1

Dr. Hodges pulling out his battered textbook was fun, but Dr. Ferguson believing chickens are conniving and plotting against him was hilarious.

But it's just horrifying that the meat chickens are bred such that they get arthritis and other problems if they actually live and get "old" (a year!).

I have never seen fish surgery before; that was fascinating!

Dr. Ferguson telling the kid with the bird, "I need to give you a job and I can just go home" when the kid diagnosed a broken leg and wing was funny.  I like that he brought him in to show him the x-rays; their love for educating kids is one of the many great parts of the show.  I also like how the mom told him it's not a pet; it needs to go back into the wild.

Neo the bulldog still looked like he could barely see even after the surgery, but I always tend to wonder how bulldogs breathe and see.

These guys are so funny, even their terrible puns make me laugh.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I loved Dr. Ferguson with the little boy (love that red hair!). Both docs are great with kids. 

There are redheads in my family, but we're the freckled blue-eyed type.   I love to see the brown-eyed redheads and always hope for no freckles.

Dr. Hodges’ textbook needed a whole roll of duct tape! 🤣

I wish his beloved book could be "lost" and someone would take it to be restored professionally.

OMG, going fishing in three different dogs to find the missing tampon cracked me up.

I love how they always invite kids to learn -- look at x-rays, look at slides under the microscope, give medication, etc.

Interesting technique to warm the kitten up, with the plastic bag and hair dryer.  I was really worried for the little guy, but he perked right up!

Zena protecting her grandpa from the snake made me tear up.  When I was a kid, I was out in the driveway washing my grandpa's car and our cat Jackie - a one-eyed cat who'd shown up years before rather feral and pregnant with six kittens and who now loved to be petted - came barrelling over the gate and placed herself in front of me; I looked down and saw a baby rattlesnake heading towards us.  (We were fine; I snatched her up and ran, and my grandpa killed the snake.)  I'm glad Critter Fixers had the anti-venom; I can just imagine the owner's panic spending 20 minutes calling around, knowing every minute counts (I know that is an expensive medication that a lot of vets don't stock).

I don't know that I'd ever seen a chinchilla before; when they first brought Baby in, I wasn't sure what she was.  Dr. Hodges really took it hard when they lost her.  I looked up whether chinchillas should be spayed (since that would have meant no pyometra), and the internet tells me no, they should not; it's too dangerous.  So the odds of her surviving that pyo surgery were pretty slim, I think.

I wonder why the no-name chicken's owners waited two weeks to bring her in.  She was clearly having problems before the others picked on her (which is why the others picked on her) -- a lethargic chicken with diarrhea who lists to one side when she walks needs a vet.  I try not to make snap judgments, given how little of the big picture we get, but that aggravated me.

• Love 1

They had some hard cases this week. Poor Baby the chinchilla. 😢 I’ve noticed before that Dr. Hodges takes the deaths hard. One of many reasons I love these guys is their empathy. 
I wonder what happened to the little conure with the bone infection. I hope it did okay. 🙏 I was mad about the chicken, too. Why did they leave her in the gen pop to be pecked like that? 
They’ve done the hairdryer-plastic bag thing before. Great hack! I was so happy when the kitten perked up and ate. I had already thought of the medicinal use of maggots (a lesson I learned from Gladiator!) when Dr. Hodges mentioned it. 
Next week with the little kids on the farm should be good.

• Love 1

I only discovered this show at the end of last season, so repeats are new to me.  I watched one that's a compilation of wild animal treatments, and, indeed, Dr. Hodges's plastic bag & hair dryer technique made another appearance.  That one didn't have a happy ending, unfortunately.

It was also another example of his reaction to losing a patient.  It's not that Dr. Ferguson cares any less, certainly, just that Dr. Hodges is really visible in his reaction.  I like how they talk about needing five minutes; they owe it to the next patient and client to be 100% about them, and they need a few minutes alone to make that happen.  I like when a tech came up to Dr. Hodges after the animal died and Dr. Ferguson stepped in, saying, "I'll take it."

What I most liked about that compilation episode was how many pet owners brought in wild animals their pets had injured. 

• Love 2

One thing I love about this show is the professional appearance of the office and staff.  The office is immaculate, the operating room actually appears sterile, and the doctors and staff are scrubbed up and wearing masks and gloves during surgeries (looking at YOU, Dr. Pol).  

As a customer, I appreciate knowing that part of the money I'm spending is being put back into the practice for the comfort and safety of my pets.

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

One thing I love about this show is the professional appearance of the office and staff.  The office is immaculate, the operating room actually appears sterile, and the doctors and staff are scrubbed up and wearing masks and gloves during surgeries (looking at YOU, Dr. Pol).  

As a customer, I appreciate knowing that part of the money I'm spending is being put back into the practice for the comfort and safety of my pets.

Looking at you, Dr. Jeff. He and his staff do surgery in a huge open room without separation from other procedures. I don’t know why Dr. Pol gets all the grief. I wouldn’t go to a practice that never answers the phone like Jeff’s either. That is unprofessional.

Edited by LittleIggy
12 hours ago, Bastet said:

Dr. Hodges is really visible in his reaction

He's done this multiple times. I think he's seeking camera attention. I've seen him looking for the camera out of his eye. I think it's the one flaw in the show.

11 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Looking at you, Dr. Jeff. He and his staff do surgery in a huge open room without separation from other procedures. I don’t know why Dr. Pol gets all the grief. I wouldn’t go to a practice that never answers the phone like Jeff’s either. That is unprofessional.

I don't watch that show.  If I saw that, I'd have given him grief, too!

56 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I know, this show and The Vet Life (which I really wish would come back) are the only vet shows where I'd actually take my pet to their clinic if I lived there. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

I don't watch that show.  If I saw that, I'd have given him grief, too!

It's an extremely busy low-cost clinic where people who can't afford a quoted $5,000 surgery get it done for $300-$500.  "Big shot" Colorado practices from hundreds of miles away refer low-income patients to this practice.  Dr. Jeff and staff use professional and sterile techniques. Just because they're in a "huge open room without separation" doesn't mean it's dangerous.  Surely the members of the Colorado State Board of Veterinary Medicine (and other envious vets) would be breathing down their necks DAILY if something was wrong. We see A LOT of procedures on that televised show--and a lot of compassion.

A business that "never answers the phone" wouldn't be in business long. AZChristian, please watch the show:  Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet, on the Animal Planet.  See all the good he does for animals, his employees, the community, rescue/nature preserves, education, the profession, and other countries who need vet services.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

It's an extremely busy low-cost clinic where people who can't afford a quoted $5,000 surgery get it done for $300-$500.  "Big shot" Colorado practices from hundreds of miles away refer low-income patients to this practice.  Dr. Jeff and staff use professional and sterile techniques. Just because they're in a "huge open room without separation" doesn't mean it's dangerous.  Surely the members of the Colorado State Board of Veterinary Medicine (and other envious vets) would be breathing down their necks DAILY if something was wrong. We see A LOT of procedures on that televised show--and a lot of compassion.

I know that a lot of complaints have been filed with the Michigan State Board regarding Dr. Pol's practices.  In many cases, they have ruled in his favor, but they have also ruled against him and censured him for things like not intubating a dog during surgery.  

Back to Critter Fixers!!!!

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I know that a lot of complaints have been filed with the Michigan State Board regarding Dr. Pol's practices.  In many cases, they have ruled in his favor, but they have also ruled against him and censured him for things like not intubating a dog during surgery.  

I haven't looked into complaints about Dr. Jeff ... or any of the other "animal people" on TV.  I watched Dr. Pol for awhile, but it was one of the things I had to leave behind--no special reason.  In addition to Dr. Jeff and Critter Fixers, I really like the married vets' show.  I have to limit myself.  I'd watch every zoo, safari, vet, etc. show (not hunting) on television.  And then there's the "reality crap" that entices me.   (Not intubating a dog during surgery???  YIKES!!   I had gall bladder surgery in the old days--when it was "surgery," and started waking up before they even stitched me up.  My mother was waiting for me--I don't remember any of it.  She said, I l was conscious, looked at her and said, "That's the worst pain I've ever had in my life."  I'm usually one who can plan to take a full day off if I have any anesthesia.)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:
15 hours ago, Bastet said:

Dr. Hodges is really visible in his reaction

He's done this multiple times. I think he's seeking camera attention. I've seen him looking for the camera out of his eye. I think it's the one flaw in the show.

It's possible that Production is trying to catch HIS eye...and he's acknowledging them.

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

A business that "never answers the phone" wouldn't be in business long. AZChristian, please watch the show:  Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet, on the Animal Planet.  See all the good he does for animals, his employees, the community, rescue/nature preserves, education, the profession, and other countries who need vet services.

Go look up Yelp reviews on his practice. Even the people who give him good reviews say they never answer the phones.

3 hours ago, Rammchick said:

Not to add fuel to the fire (and this' off topic for this thread), but that was 2017 -- we don't see him doing bare arm surgery anymore.

Guess the producers made sure of that. Last I saw, he still does maskless surgery.

I learned that a “kang” outranks a “king.” 😂 

I’m glad that lady found that poor bunny. Someone probably dumped it. 😡 

Clove oil is a fish anesthesia. Wow. I liked how Dr. Hodges included the girl studying to become a vet in the procedure. 
The docs with the  inner city kids on the farm 🥰

Foxes are so pretty.

I wouldn't even have stepped in the room with any of those snakes, but if I'd seen that cobra, I'd have been running out of the building at a speed Flo-Jo would have admired.

Pyo cases make me so damn angry, because if people would get their pet spayed, it would never happen!  (Well, almost never; there are very rare cases with infection of leftover tissue, but it's almost a complete guarantee.)  It's often fatal, so I'm glad Macy survived.  I hope she's going home to better owners than is indicated by her being a drop-off exam for a suspected UTI rather than an "Um, there is pus pouring out of my dog, something is very wrong" visit.  They did pay for emergency surgery and three days of hospitalization, so hopefully they were just wildly ignorant.

The squirrel taking eight seconds to get out of his cone was hilarious.  Then finding out the fox ate through three of his cones.

• Love 1

OMG, that tumor tongue!  I wonder how long it took to get that way.  Like Loki's owner, I was worried you couldn't even get clear margins in that surgery, so it would recur, but the way she was talking after the follow-up visit about him having ten more years, that must not be the case.  It was fantastic to see Loki eating 24 hours post-op, and then making up for lost time to put a pound back on. 

Fucking breeders.  I wanted to smack that smile off her face when she was talking about this being Leila's first litter.

But all the other stories were great.  Teeny tiny Duck Norris getting away from everyone was cute, and it was terrific to see the goat eating after her blood transfusion. 

• Love 2

Frenchies are the cutest, but it is wrong for an animal not to be able to give birth naturally. 😡 

Yeah, I was so happy to see Loki (such a handsome kitty) and the goat eating with gusto. 
The little girls with the bunny were adorbs. Their reaction to Dr. Ferguson’s groaner of a joke was perfect. I noticed he gave them his children’s book along with the candy. ❤️ 
Glad the chinchilla owner took it in quickly instead of waiting two weeks.

Frenchies are the cutest, but it is wrong for an animal not to be able to give birth naturally. 😡 

And who's "Teddy" and WHY can't he walk at TWENTY-ONE WEEKS?  That's FIVE MONTHS!!!  Puppies can go to new homes at eight weeks.  If they're going to broadcast that info so "happily" to us, they should provide some explanation.  All the puppies were breathing immediately after the C-section.  What happened to "Teddy"  ??  

Ugh, another Parvo case.  That sound you heard was me yelling at the TV when the owner said "Aw, God bless me" upon learning her dog died a completely preventable death.  Let's just say I suggested a very different verb.  If she hadn't let Ruger suffer for three days of symptoms, only bringing him in once Remmy got sick, too, maybe he could have pulled through.

That poor doggy who lost his eye was so happy to see his mommy.  I missed bits and pieces of this episode, including his story other than post-op.

If I was the vet tech who needed two people to explain the person who guessed 15 lbs for the 15.3 lb cat's weight won over the person who guessed 12 lbs, I'd have begged producers not to include it.

It taking half a dozen people to handle a serval and Dr. Hodges acting like it was a cheetah was cracking me up, especially with the update shot of the rescuer playing with him like a housecat.

• Love 1
(edited)

The Chihuahua is in a household with three rescue dogs, there was a fight and the eye injury happened.   I wonder what the owner was going to do to prevent more fights?    

I hate on this show and others, that people wait so long to take their animals to the vet. 

It's not uncommon for people to get zero vet care for animals.   The only reason some people get rabies shots is because there is a licensing requirement, or there are very low cost shot clinics for rabies, and distemper, I don't know if kennel cough and parvo would be included at t a shot clinic.   

Then there are people like my mother, who believed what their idiot friends say over what a vet or anyone else says.   She claimed we were wasting money on distemper shots, because 'after a dog is over 5, they don't need them anymore:, which is ridiculous.    FOrtunately, she never had any more pets to neglect like that after the family dog died, years ago.  

The cerval cat wasn't feeling good, and was at the vet's office, two reasons why the cat might want to rip up strange people trying to haul him/her out of the carrier, and treat him/her.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Bastet said:

That sound you heard was me yelling at the TV when the owner said "Aw, God bless me" upon learning her dog died a completely preventable death.

Same here. Your attempts to sound charming to the vet don't cover the fact you neglected your dogs and caused immense suffering. Asshole.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Same here. Your attempts to sound charming to the vet don't cover the fact you neglected your dogs and caused immense suffering. Asshole.

I haven't hated a client on one of these vet shows as much as her in a while.  I've hated fucking breeders less than I hate her, and I really hate breeders.  I'm still angry about her this morning; the unmitigated gall to make it all about her!  This death was 100% the result of her negligence and would not have happened had she gotten an easily accessible core vaccine (and she obviously had the money to do so, since she had the money to pay for three days of hospitalization), and her reaction - neither in the moment nor upon picking the other puppy up after he survived - wasn't profound regret at the life she snuffed out, but about poor her, and, oh well, the dog's in doggy heaven with the rest. 

Knowing we get only an overview, I try not to go all in with judgment on most of these stories, but I just don't see any way she's not the asshole she appeared to be.

Since there were little bits of the episode here and there that I missed, did the vets ever, in their recaps to the camera, talk about the importance of vaccinating for Parvo?  If not, I think that was a terrible omission by them, or the producers if they opted not to include it.  These shows should be educational as well as entertaining, and with how common Parvo still is, that's an important message to send the audience.  Especially because puppies are most vulnerable to it, and there are always first-time puppy owners out there who may be lazy about the vaccination schedule (especially those who get a puppy when their neighbor's dog has an "oops" litter and stuff like that rather than going to a shelter; they're not given the "here's what else she'll need and when she'll need it" information).

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/29/2022 at 3:00 PM, Bastet said:

Since there were little bits of the episode here and there that I missed, did the vets ever, in their recaps to the camera, talk about the importance of vaccinating for Parvo? 

Only in an indirect way.

I was angry that they allowed this family to appear on television, but then I wondered if the vets tried to use the footage to demonstrate how horrible parvo is. Still, it angered me that the asshole got her 30 seconds of fame. I hope her friends and neighbors give her a good talking to about taking better care of her animals.

In the early 80s my neighbors and I cared for a timid feral Labrador whom we presumed had been dumped because she was pregnant.  She ran away at every effort to approach her, although she would avail herself of food and water we left out. She had eight puppies, and she was magically tame after she gave birth. (I think she knew she needed help.) They all died of parvo very rapidly. My vet's dog provided blood transfusions but ultimately the vet urged euthanasia due to the immense suffering. He said her pregnancy probably gave her temporary immunity, and then the disease rushed in. I never got over it.

ETA: I'd love to eavesdrop on what the vets and staff REALLY had to say about the puppy-killer.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Buddy's owner was completely shaken, and I'd have been the same way in the face of a rattlesnake bite.  Thank goodness he was home to hear her when it happened, and get her in right away.  A family member's dog got bit by a rattlesnake years ago, and a cop flipped on his lights shortly into the race to the vet.  He kept going, so the cop chased him all the way to the vet, followed him in, and waited for the vet to confirm it was an emergency.  They got the anti-venom going in time, and she made a full recovery.

Mittens needs a zipper if she's going to keep getting opened up in the same place!  But that's no joke, and her owner is going to have to be hyper-vigilant about anything and everything string-like in the house.  I feel for her; my cat eats plastic bags, which don't cause blockages, but can cause poisoning if she eats too much.  I think I have everything 100% secured (and keep very little plastic in the house to begin with) and then once every couple of years she'll manage to get into something.  She did it last week, and I can't figure out how.  It's distressing.

Lucy's foot was an utter mess, but to get hit by a car and only lose a limb rather than her life is a victory.  I hope there will be fences and leashes involved now that she's on three legs.  She was such a calm patient!

Bandit the goat splayed out across the granddaughter's lap was sweet.

• Love 2
(edited)

Dr. Hodges had some intense cases tonight! I’m glad they all had good results. 
I’m constantly amazed how those tripod animals rebound so quickly. Lucy was such a sweetie. 
Jordan and her kids! 🤦‍♀️
Season finale next week! ☹️

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 1
(edited)

I really hate it when someone is obviously deliberately letting their dog have a litter, and then doesn't take the dog to the vet when they're in distress.   The Husky, bred to a big headed Pit Bull, and they wait 24 hours after the first puppy's born to go to the vet.     If they don't spay the dog, then  you know they'll be back with another litter as soon as the owner can breed her again.       

Waffles the Waffle House cat.  

I loved seeing the man so devoted to his rooster.   Too bad the rooster didn't make it, but as the vet said, the rooster was given every treatment, and chance they could. 

Poor Bella and her slipped patella.   She certainly wanted out of the vet's office.   How did that dog get out of the yard?   Two surgeries, I hope the vets survive her second visit without fang marks. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Ugh, these goddamned breeders; I'm going to have to start taking an extra blood pressure pill before watching.  "I just want her to be okay, take care of her."  YOU take care of her, idiot; spay her, and certainly don't let her suffer 24 fucking hours of stalled labor before you bring her in once you fail to do that.  And that poor dog probably still isn't spayed.  Harley deserves better.

Someone like Waffles's owner.  Okay, she didn't know enough to see if the stinger was still in there and remove it, but she knew the swelling meant the reaction could be severe enough to cause problems, and had him at the vet within an hour.

I can't believe Bella got out and ran around just two weeks post-op; good thing that wasn't a disaster, but they're going to have to watch her like a hawk.

I like the vet tech who has a reluctant appreciation for Dr. Ferguson's corny jokes.

Big Hoss getting to Dr. Ferguson's chicken-fearing heart was sweet.  It's too bad the leg (and thus life) couldn't be saved, but the owner at least has the peace of knowing he tried everything there was to try. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

I was furious at the owners of that poor pregnant dog, too. If you loved her so much, you would have had her spayed! 😡 Or at the very least have taken her to the vet before twenty four phucking hours had passed! 🤬

Big Hoss. ☹️ 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
On 6/11/2022 at 6:52 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

If they don't spay the dog, then  you know they'll be back with another litter as soon as the owner can breed her again.       

I love Critter Fixers, but I REALLY APPRECIATE  Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet (Colorado), because no dog or cat...most pets leave their facility without being spayed.  The practice name is Planned Pethood Plus Veterinary Clinic.

• Love 1

Yes, I love the Planned Pethood mission!  And, yep, for anyone who doesn't watch the show:  As part of that mission of reducing the homeless pet population crisis, anyone bringing an unaltered cat or dog in for treatment at the low-cost clinic is told they will have to consent to spay/neuter as well; if they want to keep the pet unaltered, they'll have to go elsewhere for treatment.

Although the Critter Fixers, like most vets, do not have the same requirement, I hope they ask these idiot owners "Do you want us to spay her while we're in there?" (they can leave the "so she doesn't go through this again, you jackass" part off).

• Applause 2
On 6/4/2022 at 8:37 PM, LittleIggy said:

I’m constantly amazed how those tripod animals rebound so quickly. Lucy was such a sweetie. 

Lucy was so HEAVILY muscled in the front, she WAS AMAZING in her recovery!!!