Type keyword(s) to search

Norma: Just About To FREAK OUT!

It was boring... I agree but she wanted people to take her seriously so she suited it up.  She does dress to flatter her figure.  But one thing I seriously love about Bates Motel is Norma's wardrobe.  Yes, it is a schizophrenic inconsistent mess but I love it.  Whoever does her wardrobe on the show needs to be given massive props.  I hope Norman starts taking after her more and starts wearing a cool leather jacket like the Fonz.  They will look so cool in that old Merc of hers.

• Love 2
I hope Norman starts taking after her more and starts wearing a cool leather jacket like the Fonz.

Hee.  When he starts taking after her more (and we all know he will . . . ), he'll be wearing her cool retro dresses.  And a wig.

Norma is so interesting.  She's sympathetic and unsympathetic at the same time.  And normal and weird at the same time.  The way the show and Vera Farmiga is handling this character is just so skillful.  I was expecting more of a Kathy Bates in Misery.  This is much more compelling.

• Love 3

Hee.  When he starts taking after her more (and we all know he will . . . ), he'll be wearing her cool retro dresses.  And a wig.

Norma is so interesting.  She's sympathetic and unsympathetic at the same time.  And normal and weird at the same time.  The way the show and Vera Farmiga is handling this character is just so skillful.  I was expecting more of a Kathy Bates in Misery.  This is much more compelling.

Norma is definitely the star of the show for me. The Norman character is well done also, but Vera really should be winning all the awards. She flawlessly goes from psychotic shrew to adorkable without batting an eyelash.

• Love 1

have to wait until next week for the finale to air here in the UK! de-lurking finally after reading everything on TWoP r.e Bates Motel. I think Norma/Vera Farmiga owns this show, i actually can't help but adore her character. Her meltdowns are always so believable as even when she's in a 'good mood' you can just tell there's something bubbling under the surface and she's always THIS close to cracking. at the same time i just love her for trying to keep it all together and after everything she's been through tries so hard to make a good life for them, she basically just wants a peaceful life and can't get away from all the draaama! just think the actress is amazing love her character. and the fact she looks absolutely lovely in every episode considering she often wears things my grandmother wouldn't have been caught dead in is a shallow bonus , hee.

• Love 2

This last episode of Norma spilling her version of events to the shrink just reminded me how much she loves to rewrite history just to make herself out to be the victim of everything.  It honestly never occurs to her that 1) staying in an abusive marriage for as long as she did, 2) treating Norman as a friend/boyfriend and 3) making him an accessory when she murdered her rapist might have had a hand in altering Norman's state of mind?

I do love her freakouts though.

• Love 3