Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Völsung and the Beef Boy

• Start Topic

When faced with choosing between meat judging (his dad Beau's preference) or playing music (his shared bond with Mike), Jacob realizes he must figure out what his passions are on his own. Meanwhile, Rio takes driving lessons from Kay, but their friendship hits a bump in the road when Kay learns that Rio has secretly been getting lessons from other townspeople

Original airdate: 2/25/20

I think this episode is actually S02.E14. The last one ("Calm Down") was labeled #13.

Meat judging cannot be a real thing. I did crack up at Mike in full Viking regalia though.

Why didn't Mike teach Rio how to drive? Everyone she tried is a town goofball, even Constance, as it turns out. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Meat judging cannot be a real thing.

Somebody has to learn to judge meat to grade it (USDA choice, grade A etc.). I'm pretty sure the butchers would use the whole steer or a side of beef though.

On 3/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, TOWTooMuchTV said:

I didn't realize until Mike referred to Rio needing a bath because she had spoken to her mother that they stopped doing the phone conversations with her. I don't miss those at all!

Yea the phone calls with the mom in NY were the weakest part of the show glad they got rid of those.

A fun episode although not the best sitcom episode about meat judging. That would be the series finale of King of the Hill, although if this show wanted to mimic that one I would be ok with it.

• Love 2
On 2/26/2020 at 1:06 PM, iMonrey said:

I think this episode is actually S02.E14. The last one ("Calm Down") was labeled #13.

Meat judging cannot be a real thing. I did crack up at Mike in full Viking regalia though.

Why didn't Mike teach Rio how to drive? Everyone she tried is a town goofball, even Constance, as it turns out. 

It seemed like she wasn't really interested in learning to drive until Kay said she would teach her. And then Mike said something about Kay teaching her being better for their relationship (marriage). Not an exact quote but that's what I remember and it made sense at the time.

• Love 1