Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Moving On

ohjoy

That storyline with the girl acting out and her mother, etc, was just silly.  You mean one statement by Lainey just turns everything around for her?  Okay then.  Sometimes this show is just a bit too saccharin sweet....  

• Love 2

I hope CB has truly moved on from Lainey, as he says he has. I don't care if Lainey stays with Barry or not, but I was really hoping this show wouldn't have to pair co-workers up as romantic interests. It's done in literally every. other. show. I would just like the faculty to all remain friends.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, alexa said:

That storyline with the girl acting out and her mother, etc, was just silly.  You mean one statement by Lainey just turns everything around for her? 

Well, the show is only half an hour.  Minus commercials.  But yeah, it seems a little too pat.  But it didn't sound like there was any issue with the mother at all, she was just doing standard good mother stuff.  The girl was just in a rebellious stage and didn't like her freedom being curtailed.  So when Lainey told her about her mother, who really was a problem, she realized she didn't have it so bad after all. 

A little annoying that they didn't address Lainey's real feelings about CB vs. Barry, but I can't say I'm surprised.  If that look at the end of last episode did telegraph her having feelings for CB, those feelings can't be very strong, because she didn't appear to give him any thought at all this week.

So CB decides to go to the swing dance at the end.  And of course he just happens to have a "Swingers Trent Walker" outfit to wear, because hey doesn't everyone?  Lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This school sure does love its pop culture trends! Its like the whole school watches one movie/listens to one SC all together every Monday, and spend the rest of the week talking about nothing but that one thing and refocusing their whole lives around it! 

Interesting that they seem to be taking a break from Lainey/CB/Barry stuff to focus on Laineys missing mom, something that was talked about from time to time on the Goldburgs, but was never fully gone into. I guess now, with Lainey being the star, this is a good time for it! I just really hope that this is it, at least for awhile, of CB pinning from Lainey.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

This school sure does love its pop culture trends! Its like the whole school watches one movie/listens to one SC all together every Monday, and spend the rest of the week talking about nothing but that one thing and refocusing their whole lives around it! 

Isn't that the truth.  And apparently it's been doing that since the Goldbergs days.

11 hours ago, shoovenbooty said:

I hope CB has truly moved on from Lainey, as he says he has. I don't care if Lainey stays with Barry or not, but I was really hoping this show wouldn't have to pair co-workers up as romantic interests. It's done in literally every. other. show. I would just like the faculty to all remain friends.

I agree. Some previous comments mentioned Wilma & CB getting together but I never really saw it. Now it looks like they might be going in that direction. I hope not. It might be a little interesting for Lainey to fall for CB just as he's losing interest in her though.

Aw I guess I'm minority because I do want Lainey and CB to get together! But down the line. It's one of the main reasons I'm watching. I think they have good chemistry and Brett Dier is just too adorable as CB. I'm hoping that CB is over it (but not really of course) and gets a new girlfriend as Lainey catches feelings and that can go for all next season. Yes its a constantly recycled trope but for good reason imo, because most of the time it works. I don't want to see either of them with some new person that isn't part of the main group.  I DEFINITELY want the Barry stuff to be wrapped up by seasons end because he annoys the bejesus out of me. And while I really like Aunt Julie, I want Coach and Wilma together, I think she'd keep him in line and they would be hilarious together. 

As for the episode, I loved the teachers friendship being featured and all of them being so encouraging to CB. When he showed up at the end and that whole scene, though predicable, it was still great and very sweet. That and Principal Glasscott's poetry made the episode for me.

5 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

That and Principal Glasscott's poetry made the episode for me.

My biggest laugh of the episode was when the emcee introduced Furious G and Glascott stepped up to the mic.  

I guess I want Lainey and CB to get together too, just because I like CB, and like you, I find Barry extremely annoying.   And Wilma's great, but I like Mellor with Nurse Aunt Julie too much to split them up.  Besides, all the teachers don't have to be couples.

• Love 2