Type keyword(s) to search

Masters Of The Universe: Revelation - General Discussion

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, Bill1978 said:

This is my current issue with a lot of content connected to animation of yesteryear (looking at you Disney with this mini-rant). Evil characters are not allowed to just be evil, they seem to need to have a sob story to justify being mean to the protagonist in the original story. I know in throety it's meant to provide depth to the current but all it doe is make me roll my eyes at the effort gone to it. It is OK to jsut hate the bad guy, I don't need to sympathise with them it takes away from that whole good vs bad. And I know Rowling is a taboo subject but at least she had the guts when explaining Voldemort's past to still made him unlikeable as he chose the bad path, therefore any sympathy we may have had for him as a child disappears because of his choices.

All this. And it’s why I love the new Chucky show so much: Chucky’s origin story had none of that shit. He was just irredeemably bad from the beginning.

I guess we should just be grateful they didn’t do the same to Skeletor. Totally knew he’d screw over He-Man first chance he got.

But like I said before I was mostly entertained. Aside from the Evil-Lynn crap I was good.

• Love 1

I thought the Revelation back half was great and live what Kevin Smith did with the show (Alicia Silverstone as Marlena aside).

I very much enjoyed Hamill as Skeletor but Heady as Lynn was the star.

Sorceress was Terla's mom on the original show.  She even erased Teela's memory when she found out I believe.  Man-at-Arms was Teela's adopted daughter on the original show but Revelation heavily implied he is really her birth father.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

Back to show, by the end of these 5 episodes I couldn't help wonder why did Adam not become all God-like when he accessed the Power of Grayskull like Skeletor and Evi-Lynn did? That was a tad confusing from a 'explaining the mythos' point of view.

Either he didn't want to and was limiting himself (hence the discussion about Adam always giving back the power) or didn't know how (he doesn't have any magical ability). 

14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I know this will be unpopular, but JEEBUS CRIPES! Must even the cartoons throw in subplots of MeToo? Like I give any bluedilly fucks about what Skeletor’s relationship was with Evil-Lyn. Let’s throw in abuse and bullying.

When you make Skeletor a Joker analogue, complete with Mark Hamill, then you've got to give him a Harley Quinn.  To be fair, he's the type to abuse everyone he crosses paths with, regardless of gender.  Panthor is the only minion he seemed to treat with any respect.

• Love 3

Hey, I'm a sucker for expanding the mythos.  The original 80's cartoon was simple and merely a commercial for toys.  I enjoy the storyline behind the story. Revelation is the adult version of the story.

Skeletor did talk way too much in the first part of the second half.  I was rolling my eyes as he was giving Adam and the Crew chance after chance to ruin his plans and take back the power.  He really loved the sound of his own voice!

7 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

When you make Skeletor a Joker analogue, complete with Mark Hamill, then you've got to give him a Harley Quinn.  To be fair, he's the type to abuse everyone he crosses paths with, regardless of gender.  Panthor is the only minion he seemed to treat with any respect.

That’s just fucking laziness. And a cop-out.

• Love 1

Panthor got the shitty end of the stick in that regard. 

Just finished the season. I want more!  Now that Preternia is gone,  how does Teela strike the proper balance between worlds?  Motherboard looks like a future thorn in He-Man's side.  I wonder if it is possible to bring She-Ra into this property?