Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Breaking the Cycle

• Start Topic

DON’T GO IT ALONE - Harry (Rupert Evans) can’t expel his past so The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock, Sarah Jeffery) rush to his aid but ultimately he makes a deal with the devil. As The Charmed Ones continue their efforts to restore the Power of Three, they find themselves in the gravest circumstance yet. Also starring Poppy Drayton. Joe Gallagher directed the episode written by Blake Taylor (#213). Original airdate 2/21/2020. 

I'm glad that we got another episode with the three sisters working together. But why should Macy get her regular power back when Mel and Maggie got some weird variation on their previous powers? 

Also, who are these people who are extracting powers from witches? Aren't they just . . . demons? I mean, isn't that basically what demons do? Why is this such a surprise, or somehow different?

I just don't get what's going on this season, at all. 

• Love 1

So what exactly is this now? Some other faction? Are they demons acting like humans, or are they part of some government men in black program trying to steal magic? Are we doing that story? That has been done about a billion times before? 

I am glad that at least the sisters all had a plot, and the multiple power of threes is a decent plot idea, lord knows this show needs something to focus on! We keep jumping from plot to plot, its just so jumbled. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I finally got around to watching this one and boy, was it boring.  

I feel like the chemistry between the sisters are starting to go, too.  Macy was ice cold the entire episode, even at the end.  Mel's love interest was dull and pointless.  The whole "Reveal your secrets" contrivance was out of the playbook of every supernatural show out there.  

So there have been previous Charmed Ones.  This episode would have been an easy setup for a cameo, but I'm glad they didn't because I don't want this snorefest to be part of the same universe.

Harry and Abigail's subplot was tedious.  So the Dark Lighter sent him on that wild goose-chase because?   I'm sure that girl witch is safe now because they surely won't come back to get her powers, right?

Ooooh, "something" is coming.  That is sooooo intriguing.  Let's see if more than 3 people watches the next episode.

Edited by Camera One

Does anyone think it was funny that Mel ended the last episode saying they should take advantage of their freedoms as modern women before going over to flirt with the cite barmaid who was hitting on her earlier-then presumably she didn't rejoin her sisters til the next day- and one of her 'confessions' is that she slept with the cute barmaid?

I mean I think the word there is 'boast' really.

😉

(Edit: maybe a better confession would be 'I broke my own no relationship rule because I'm really afraid I'm a female version of dad and that I can never have a healthy romantic relationship I mean remember Niko...'

'Ooh-has it been long enough that we can say how fucked up that was? Cos Mel you're my big sister and I will always love and admire you but that was pretty fucked up,')

I actually thought that whole sequence was pretty funny, the magic computer seemed really sassy somehow, and everything they said just made it worse. I think it was meant to be a blend of humour, tension and pathos but I only thought it was funny. Ah well.

It's really strange but before we got a good look at the Ghost Charmed One me and my wife wondered if it was Holly Marie-Combes doing a cameo, the voice sounded kind of like her. My heart was briefly lifted with the idea that the OCO and the newbies had made up, apparently not.

I did like the visual of the upside down tree, that was nicely bizarre.

I'm also going against the grain by saying I liked Harry and Abigail's Bogus Journey, I thought it was pretty tense and I actually liked the not of character development for Abi at the end: here she does something genuinely brave and good and Harry-who you will recall thanked her for shanking her brother-gets all freaked out. I fully empathised with her anger at the end of the episode, really, it also kind of points out she's genuinely not only about getting power or advantages over people: fundamentally she wants someone to like her, she's just accepted that demons won't, because everything is transactional for them.

Edited by Speakeasy