Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Possession

Yes, I did watch. You are correct that the victom was a rotten actress.

I did like the scenes with the devil.

I was hoping that the monsignor was going to be a part of the money laundering scheme. I guess I let my personal feelings about priests invade my watching of this episode.

I did like the scenes with the devil.

Everything goes better with Lionel Luther/John Glover.

If this show had a bigger audience of previously.tv posters, I'm sure there'd be vigorous debate and discussion about the Catholic Church, indulgences, and the way all the women in the episode seemed robbed of agency. And I'm sure I'd be tempted to take the opposing side to whatever the prevailing view was, and then get my behind virtually handed to myself. So, moving on then...

Except. I am annoyed that Kate's father had to forfeit the game for no reason of his own. Maybe we are supposed to think he was genuinely happy to give up the tickets to charity so Kate could get the annulment?

• Love 1

I kinda call BS on the need for an annulment. If Kate and Donnie were originally married in the Catholic Church and didn't get an annulment when they got divorced (which, if memory serves me, was pretty recently even though they'd been separated for ages), they are still sacramentally married. Call the ceremony a vow renewal, go to a Justice of the Peace to do the legal part and everyone's happy. I'd all BS on the hard nosed Monsignor, what with his "I can tell false contrition when see it" and his manipulation of Kate, but I just sat in a funeral Mass yesterday which was con-celebrated by the Monsignor who refused to give my aunt the Eucharist at my grandfather's funeral because he sensed that she was not a practicing Catholic (which is true- she stopped going to Mass years ago- but totally awful, IMO). Hard nosed, unfeeling priests still are far too common. I like the young priest, though.

• Love 1

I was distracted the entire episode because I couldn't figure out where I'd seen the Monsignor.  I'm not 100%  positive, but I think he was Russian Oligarch Tiny Giraffe Kisser in the old Direct TV commercials. 

I was distracted the entire episode because I couldn't figure out where I'd seen the Monsignor.  I'm not 100%  positive, but I think he was Russian Oligarch Tiny Giraffe Kisser in the old Direct TV commercials.

I was sure it was someone else, but you are correct! It is Timothy Murphy.
  • Love 1

I kinda call BS on the need for an annulment. If Kate and Donnie were originally married in the Catholic Church and didn't get an annulment when they got divorced (which, if memory serves me, was pretty recently even though they'd been separated for ages), they are still sacramentally married. Call the ceremony a vow renewal, go to a Justice of the Peace to do the legal part and everyone's happy.

Yes.  Since the Church still considers them married, why go through getting an annulment (which can take 3 years) only to get married in  the Church again?  It was a stupid subplot, although nice to see how much Donnie loves Kate.  (I'm worried they're going to kill him off so she can end up with Daniel.)

The tumor was fun, although I'd seen it on Remedy a few months ago.  John Glover rocked.

Is it too much to hope that The Devil could become a recurring character?

Good call!

He's Declan Gage more than Mr. Luthor to me, but I've loved him since Love! Valor! Compassion! The man only gets finer with age; I don't know why he's not a top-tier name.