Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: B Good

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Another "nice" episode where the owner was receptive to Marcus' ideas and seemed to be a kind, honest, hardworking business person.  I like these a lot!

I'll bet Mr. Green Tea was more than happy to jump into this deal, too.  They merely have to help with advice and planning, and get some free income because of it.  I don't think Michael and this owner are destined to do great things together, though.  They had 2 conversations during the episode, and she walked away crying both times!

I don't think the name "B Sweet" is a good idea for a line of drinks that's NOT sweetened and is 0 calories.  The name and the brand not only don't match, they're virtually opposite of each other!

I know that Marcus was adopted as a baby, but, based on his business interests, I get the feeling that his adopted parents were Willy Wonka and Coco Chanel!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

I don't think the name "B Sweet" is a good idea for a line of drinks that's NOT sweetened and is 0 calories.  The name and the brand not only don't match, they're virtually opposite of each other!

This!  I get that she had sentimental reasons, but still.  She is totally misrepresenting the product.  I would never guess something named B Sweet isn't sweet!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Whimsy said:

This!  I get that she had sentimental reasons, but still.  She is totally misrepresenting the product.  I would never guess something named B Sweet isn't sweet!

Yes, it could actually be disappointing to some people.

She seemed like a nice person but the crying fits were very annoying and unprofessional to me. 

• Love 4

I really enjoyed this episode but did find that the owner was willing to be less successful than possible by insisting on keeping her sentimental labeling of the product.   We all have strong connections to things from our past-especially when we grew up in loving households and have experienced the loss of our parents.  The restaurants were named after her father (his nickname), and there could be other ways to honor that relationship without misrepresenting the brand and potentially confusing customers.  A failing business is not necessarily honoring loved ones.  

However, having written all of that, Marcus now has the majority share of the drink business as she diluted her shares by half in giving them to her business partner.  It will be interesting to see what he does with this business.

• Love 3

Owner craziness and sticking with a bad name for the drinks.  Even "boi" is fairly questionable, but at least the shop is not going nationwide.

As to her clinging to honoring her parents and single-child status and her special name (Sweet) I don't get it and no amount of back of can printing will make it real to me.  Everyone has parents.

• Love 5

I just bought some of these today at Fresh Market. The label does not have the family story on the back like was shown at the end of the show, and really, the label itself isn't that great. I would have breezed right by it had I not been specifically looking for it. I haven't tried it yet. I'm hoping it is good. It was $4 a can.

• Useful 1
On 2/1/2020 at 5:22 PM, WallStreetDuchess said:

I just bought some of these today at Fresh Market. The label does not have the family story on the back like was shown at the end of the show, and really, the label itself isn't that great. I would have breezed right by it had I not been specifically looking for it. I haven't tried it yet. I'm hoping it is good. It was $4 a can.

That feels a little too expensive. I hope you enjoy it.

On 2/1/2020 at 8:36 PM, seacliffsal said:

I'm very interested in what you think of the drink.  Please share after you drink it.

On 2/3/2020 at 11:52 AM, qtpye said:

That feels a little too expensive. I hope you enjoy it.

It was ok. It probably isn't something I would be on the regular, but I didn't hate it either.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3