Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: A Seat at the Table

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Did Lex trap Ivy? So Harley would be Ex Communicado if she launches a rescue op....and an excuse to get the "crew" back together. 

What is up with Batman? Always taking the bait of saving her, but not hitting on her??? Not like he has a "no villain dating" rule....

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, paigow said:

What is up with Batman? Always taking the bait of saving her, but not hitting on her??? Not like he has a "no villain dating" rule....

It's the HPV thing from the pilot!

9 hours ago, paigow said:

Since they confirmed Catwoman's coming on, I wonder how they'll address that whole thing with her and Batman on this show. Guessing Catwoman probably will be only a "minor" bad guy compared to the others. Just the jewel thief maybe.

• Useful 1

Despite the silliness of this show and the abundant "don't think about it too much" throwaway jokes, the plot is getting thicker. And the stakes are getting higher. We've seen the H-crew bond with each other in lots of small steps, as well as in big steps, and it's not only still happening (for example, Ivy rushing to visit King Shark when he was injured,) but it's also already happened, (for example, Doctor Psycho not selling the shark fin.)

The only one who still tends to feel like he has a different writer than everybody else is Sy Borgman, who was notably absent this week. I suspect that when Harley has to go against real, serious, organized supervillains who are endangering Ivy, Sy will come in useful. Shit, he might even give Kiteman an upgrade... although it's hard to imagine any device more powerful than a kite...

As for the small things...

I knew that Joker was going to screw her over, but I didn't how, when or why until the Batplane showed up. I like that this Joker actually puts enough work into charming her that it's not just "She believes whatever the Joker says because she's a dumb bimbo, lather, rinse, repeat." Yes, their traditional dynamic was still maintained, but she was fighting against it enough that he had to actually work for it. And trolling Bane with the "Bang" thing actually is kind of funny.

I knew the henchmen were going to get shafted, but I expected something more like the Sidekicks Lounge on the old Tick cartoon, or the Familiar's Room on "What We Do In The Shadows." What the LoD actually did with them was damn near the only thing the LoD has done that makes sense!

I wonder if Frank's pot guy might still prove useful. I mean, all Ivy might need to get out of prison is somebody with a few seeds in his pocket... So would Ivy-powered marijuana plants act like normal tentacle-vines? Or would they just blow out their vapors and make the adversaries extremely confused?

On 1/25/2020 at 5:13 AM, paigow said:

well he does have all those bats to fuck

• LOL 4