Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Wildflower Girls

Katie grows concerned when Anna-Kat is invited to join Westport’s elite scout troop, The Wildflower Girls. Meanwhile, Taylor learns her Carnegie Mellon interview is scheduled with famous alumnus and Broadway star Brecken Phillips, and Oliver befriends the school recluse, Trevor.

Cooper calling Katy his mom will never not be adorable.

I just loved the moment when Greg used the word matiné and his daughters gave him this blank stare 🤣 That was gold. But all the storylines worked in this episode, I loved it. Nancy trying to fix everything with money was a good bit and I liked how Taylor's interview turned around.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Harvey said:

I just loved the moment when Greg used the word matiné and his daughters gave him this blank stare That was gold. But all the storylines worked in this episode, I loved it. Nancy trying to fix everything with money was a good bit and I liked how Taylor's interview turned around.

See this is a pretty great example of how society has changed. Not the kids, but people think they can just avoid problems, have someone else take care of it. Something the show however does skate by on is how their rich or "ex-rich" husbands are not involved in any shape or form. That they just throw money at their spouses and ignore their kids. That's something I really wish was brought up, Greg is the ONLY involved father sometimes over involved, but he actually cares. Everyone outside the family are really horrible, horrible parents. 

I am really enjoying Oliver and Cooper's story line here, I'm happy this is continuing and that Taylor is actually DOING something useful now. Of course, I love Ian Gomez, he can be on the show anytime. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, readster said:

See this is a pretty great example of how society has changed. Not the kids, but people think they can just avoid problems, have someone else take care of it. Something the show however does skate by on is how their rich or "ex-rich" husbands are not involved in any shape or form

I think that's because Katy is a mom so she encounters the mothers more, and the husbands are off working. In the PTA episode (S1EP7) there were lots of fathers on the board as well so it showed they get involved sometimes as well, but when these rich fathers have trophy wives with no jobs the least they can do is take care of the  children.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I think that's because Katy is a mom so she encounters the mothers more, and the husbands are off working. In the PTA episode (S1EP7) there were lots of fathers on the board as well so it showed they get involved sometimes as well, but when these rich fathers have trophy wives with no jobs the least they can do is take care of the  children.

Sadly, they are bad at "taking care of the children". Especially when said children now have brains and are like: "You know mom, I would like to eat meat instead of you telling me it's bad." or "You know what, I do want to try and work at things because how else am I going to know? Or how do I know I'll "marry rich" what if I don't want to get married?" Then these "trophy wives" go into a deer in the headlights with: "how dare you question something that makes sense." Like they were never little girls or teens either. I've actually been enjoying Cooper more this season because he finding out he can't just get away with EVERYTHING because he is rich. Now realizing Katie and Greg are actually "being parents" to him to even telling him how to cross the street. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, readster said:

Sadly, they are bad at "taking care of the children". Especially when said children now have brains and are like: "You know mom, I would like to eat meat instead of you telling me it's bad." or "You know what, I do want to try and work at things because how else am I going to know? Or how do I know I'll "marry rich" what if I don't want to get married?" Then these "trophy wives" go into a deer in the headlights with: "how dare you question something that makes sense." Like they were never little girls or teens either. I've actually been enjoying Cooper more this season because he finding out he can't just get away with EVERYTHING because he is rich. Now realizing Katie and Greg are actually "being parents" to him to even telling him how to cross the street. 

You are completely right, but a lot of the humour comes from the warped sense of reality many of the people living in Westport have. The show "suburgatory" had a similiar sense of humour where the bizarre and impractical was considered normal.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Harvey said:

And Cooper called Greg "Dad" once, too, I think. It's the show's subtle way of addressing all of the above comments about the town's wealthy, neglectful parents. Most of the show's serious messages are intelligently understated. Like Oliver's dawning discovery that people suffering from depression, especially teenagers, don"t necessarily wear their pain on their sleeves. Bit by bit, season by season, the show is chipping away at these characters' outer shells to show the multidimensional personalities underneath. A seriously long game. Cool.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

So Taylor can get into a prestigious school entirely on the basis of her audition tape and an interviewer liking her? Apparently poor grades no longer matter.

I wonder if the show realizes it's getting itself involved in a controversial topic.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

So Taylor can get into a prestigious school entirely on the basis of her audition tape and an interviewer liking her? Apparently poor grades no longer matter.

My daughter went to a magnet school for Performing Arts. Half of the students were professionals. I never knew if grades were emphasized. Her talents got her accepted into UCSD, but I'm sure her grades helped. Are artistically talented students admitted the same as athletes are? Does anyone ever ask to see Taylor Swift's transcripts and GPA?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3