Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Rebel Without A Clue

(edited)

I'm writing this here because I didn't see a thread for this week.....Isn't this last week's thread?  Anyway, the way Sabrina was holding her baby scared me.  She didn't seem to have a clue about how to properly hold one while everyone else had no problem.  Even Kate had no problem and she's not even a mother (neither am I but I know better and it was painful to watch).  And she had no carrier, either.  Like where did she put the baby when no one was holding her?

In every episode Andrew storms out yelling, "I'm done!"  It's almost as predictable as the every-episode occurrence of "They killed Kenny" in "South Park".

Why Abe and Rebecca are so judgmental is no surprise given the Amish culture of intolerance.  Of course, they are also making drama for the show.  Their making up with Andrew seemed staged, like so much else on this show.

Jeremiah trying to "go back Amish" also seems staged to me.  But then again a knee-jerk guy like Jeremiah WOULD suddenly turn around like that, so who knows?  What a train wreck that guy is.  Everyone else is moving on but he seems stuck.  Now suddenly he tries to put it on that he's moving on just to unstick himself.  But it's not genuine and everyone sees that failing.  <rolls eyes>

I don't understand Mary trying to get un-shunned.  Wouldn't she have to stop seeing her own children altogether to do that?  And why not wait until after the wedding?  How freaking stupid (and scripted).

Edited by Intuition
  • Love 2

I brought this over from the previous episode thread:

Anyway, the way Sabrina was holding her baby scared me.  She didn't seem to have a clue about how to properly hold one while everyone else had no problem.  Even Kate had no problem and she's not even a mother (neither am I but I know better and it was painful to watch).  And she had no carrier, either.  Like where did she put the baby when no one was holding her?

This freaked me out so much!  I watched that baby like a hawk to make sure Sabrina wasn't going to drop her.

Other than that, this show is more scripted than a sitcom.

• Love 2

Yes!  The way she grabbed the baby from the car?  Ridiculous.

Chapel bugs me and I don't know why.  And it bugs me that she bugs me bc she's so sick (please don't let her stage 4 cancer just be another story-line) and I should just feel sympathy (or is it empathy)?

I guess no one is really watching this show, which doesn't surprise me.

I can't stand Abe and Rebecca.  I'm just sayin ...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Yes, the baby scenes had me on the edge of my chair. You just know there will be more scary times like that though.

• Love 1

I'm still watching because I feel invested in these young people in some weird way.

Does anyone know how Chapel is doing?

I agree with the "invested" part, although I have no idea why.

There are a few postings on Chapel's Facebook page (found under Chapel Schmucker) about her health, but nothing recent. In fact, her last post was on June 15. You would think someone from the show would post some sort of update, right?

I also found on Facebook that Jeremiah is selling Mary's quilts for $150. It may all be fake, though. Who knows.

• Love 2

I'm sorry, but I have never been one to consider keeping my maiden name....however, if I married Abe or Andrew (*just choked back some vomit at that thought*) it would be a must. 

• Love 3

That's funny because I was thinking while watching, I'm going to post one of those, if you HAVE to marry one type questions. But yeah that last name is hideous.

Chapel bugs me too. I don't know why. I don't like how she acts so serene about the whole illness thing but the minute someone offends her, she loses her shit. And I think waiting to start chemo until after the wedding for cosmetic reasons, while her choice, seems kind of selfish since she has kids. My dad is battling stage 3 lung cancer right now. When he was diagnosed in April, he started chemo the Monday after being diagnosed. Each day without is another day the cancer is in charge.

I had been reading that she was being accused of faking it, but Sabrina went to her defense saying she wasn't. I think the only basis to that was everything on the show is staged.

Sabrina scares me. Like others, I was shocked how she pulled that baby out of the car. It's a carrier Sabrina. Use it. So supposedly she and her boyfriend/baby daddy have broken up and she's dating a girl. That's great, it shouldn't matter who you want to be with, but how is she ending one relationship and starting another while being a first time mom to a few month old baby? It's possible, but seems like extra drama and energy that should go to parenting the baby.

Kate is gorgeous as always, love her hair color, but kind of giggle at her faux-affluent accent.

Jeremiah is a mess and I worry about his mental state. He hates everything and everyone. I don't know if it's untreated bipolar-ism or what. Also, when he was talking into the camcorder and it was dark, he looked like one of those evolution of men.

Andrew and his "I'M DONE!" cracks me up because it's way overused. And now Chester is doing it.

I'll fix the links later because I'm on my phone and can't hyperlink words to the stories, but this page has stories on Sabrina's new relationship, Chapels rumor and an update. Kind of.

http://starcasm.net/archives/category/tv/breaking-amish

Chapel bugs me and I don't know why.  And it bugs me that she bugs me bc she's so sick (please don't let her stage 4 cancer just be another story-line) and I should just feel sympathy (or is it empathy)?

Me too.  I don't know what it is about her, either that bugs me.  

• Love 1

Jeremiah is suffering from a total lack of love, abandonment and just not fitting in. I feel bad for him because he is really just acting out and feeling his way around. He has no real direction and no one to connect to.

• Love 1

It's her ill fitting dentures. Took me a few episodes to figure it out. I hope she is well too but seriously don't care for her much either. The most we can hope for is a bitchfight with Rebecca.

oh and I LOVE Mary!