Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Loose Ends

• Start Topic

Bette and Dani reckon with the fallout of a recent scandal; Shane spends the day with Angie; Alice, Gigi, and Nat have conflicting ideas about their family life; Sophie and Finley spend a raucous night out in an effort to get their mind off of things.

Original airdate: 1/12/2020

Sophie really needs to chill out. Not everyone processes things the same way. She clearly is the kind of person who wants to talk about whatever is upsetting her, which is fine. But Dani is not that kind of person and it's really selfish and out of line for Sophie to ask that she start talking about her feelings on demand.

Dani didn't say that she NEVER wants to talk about what's going on. She said last week (about her dad) and this week (about having a tough day at work) that she just needed some space and that's fair. She gets to decide when she wants to talk about HER feelings. Sophie can talk about her feelings whenever she wants to but she doesn't get to decide when Dani has to talk about her own feelings.

I'm glad that Tess set Finley straight on what it means to hook up with someone and stay friends - just don't make it weird! I'm worried about Tess still drinking. How long before she really fucks something up and then is guilt ridden about it?

Yay for Angie passing her driving test! I was cracking up at Shane and Quiara shamelessly hanging out the car window and watching her talk to Jordi. But I haaaaaaaaate that Quiara put Shane in a situation where she had to agree to this kid in order to be with her. That really sucks. You can like kids and be good with kids and still not want to have kids.

It's only the first episode of throupledom and I'm already tired of this storyline.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

ophie really needs to chill out. Not everyone processes things the same way. She clearly is the kind of person who wants to talk about whatever is upsetting her, which is fine. But Dani is not that kind of person and it's really selfish and out of line for Sophie to ask that she start talking about her feelings on demand.

A big ol' yes to this. Also, making Sophie drunk was a really excellent way to highlight her terrible acting. I never noticed how bad it was last night. They are totally setting it up for her to cheat on Dani with Finley or at least realize she has feelings for Finley which, I just don't get. I've yet to warm up to the character but mostly because the acting is so bad.

Didn't miss Micah at all tonight. 

I may or may not have yelled when Tina showed up at the door. I love Tina and Bette together but I didn't care for the whole argument as to why Tina left. If that argument had happened any time prior to season 5 of the original, I'd have been fine with it and totally in agreement. However, the Bette we saw in seasons 5 and 6 was very different and 100% supportive of the person Tina had become as well as being supportive of her career.  Hell they agreed to move to New York because Tina got a too good to be true job opportunity. Yes, Bette was trying to get a fresh start away from Jenny and all her b.s. but still, she was willing to find a way to make things work with her own career in a place that was way more advantageous to Tina's career.  So yeah, I feel like Tina's reason for leaving was like revisionist history. I'm glad she's back, for however long it is. It's hard to believe she'd want to be so far away from Angie at such a young age. I'm interested to see where all of that goes.

As for the throuple, I'm over it. I also think Alice has more chemistry with Gigi than...I can't even remember her name she's so boring.  So I hope that ends and boring-ass whatever her name is disappears from all of our lives. 

Finally, Tess, get your ish together.   

• Love 2

I'm back in 1000% after this episode. I gasped when it was Tina at the door! They are a hot mess of a couple, but I absolutely love them together anyway. And their chemistry is absolute fire. I'm glad that the show and the actors recognize it. (I agree though, the excuse for her leaving Bette and Angie was so weak. And not very believable.)

Dani and Sophie should NOT be engaged. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to start the series with them about to get married when they are the most fragile couple on the show.

Finley annoys me to no end. I don't find anything cute about her or her antics.

Alice was always going to get heartbroken in this throuple arrangement. Even though she was the one pushing it last night. 

Still reeling from my Bette and Tina high. :)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, asabovesobelow said:

Dani and Sophie should NOT be engaged. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to start the series with them about to get married when they are the most fragile couple on the show.

Finley annoys me to no end. I don't find anything cute about her or her antics.

Alice was always going to get heartbroken in this throuple arrangement. Even though she was the one pushing it last night. 

I'm confused on why Dani and Sophie are at a point in their relationship where they want to get married at all.  It's clear Sophie doesn't really like who Dani is as a person and wants her to be different, i.e., someone who talks out her feelings openly instead of needing time to process first.  Sophie seems to understand that about her, but Sophie does not seem to accept that about Dani.

Alice seems way too into this threesome sister-wives thing.  I'd be offended if I were her girlfriend. 

• Love 1

The thing that gets me with the Sophie/Dani issue is that they have been dating for a while now. It's not like they just meet two weeks ago and Sophie is just now learning that Dani needs time and space to process her feelings before she can talk about them. When you love someone, it should be as they are right now, not the version that you think you can change them into. It just drives me crazy when I see someone trying to change their partner because they think "my way is right and your way is WRONG."

• Love 1

Full disclosure:

I am very much aware that the story line of Tina needing "space" is pretty much ridiculous at this point. But I don't care.

Tibette!!!

I had no intention of watching the reboot.  For me, it was and will always be the original.

But I will watch it now. See reason above. :)

Edited by SaabStory
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I am so all in for this.
This episode was awesome. I’m so glad I wasn’t spoiled for Tina. 
I actually think the reboot is better than the original. Everything is working here. As much as I loved the original, a lot of the time, it was just not a very good show. Also, Jenny. 

• Love 1