Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Keep Pinecrest Wild

This seems to be deteriorating into a stereotypical teen angst story. Marcus constantly winding up with the short straw when it comes to Kat, seeing her in the distance with Justin and being all scowly about it, etc. It's all very Teen Soap 101. Strange. This show started out seeming kind of weird and different and now it's starting to feel awfully derivative. 

• Love 3

I love Kaya, have since Skins, but the script/dialogue for this show sounds so much like a Kindle Unlimited young-adult novel that I assumed it had been adapted from one. Wikipedia doesn’t seem to think so.

I like the actors, characters and story, and I would even deal with the wish-fulfillment YA stuff, but the writing is so artless I’m really struggling. Especially the treatment of mental illness in the first few episodes.

Interesting project choice for January Jones.

After four episodes, I'm done.  I was really hoping for something engaging and different, but this show is simply dreary and repetitive, plodding through one disastrous development after another with no change in tone and and no effective story twists. Considering the potentially dazzling skating sequences, the lack of energy here is amazing. Supporting characters Marcus and Jenn are far more interesting and sympathetic than the leads:  Kat, her mother and her sister are increasingly annoying and dislikeable, and Justin is nothing more than a teenage romantic fantasy.  The only things I'm even remotely curious about are if Kat will ever smile, and if Marcus will be able to change his mind and go to Stanford med school instead of joining a ski team - but it's not worth slogging through this redundant, angst-filled story to find out.   

• Love 1