Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: The Judge

• Start Topic

A prosecutor is found after being missing for 12 years, prompting Red to target "The Judge" (Dianne Wiest), who allegedly oversees an underground criminal appeals process that punishes those who have wrongly imprisoned others. Meanwhile, Red scrutinizes a woman who tempts Tom in Orlando.

My reaction to the last minute of the episode:

tumblr_mxmgwvuowR1rcoly3o3_500.gif

Points for the

references to hats for Red. All the world's hats are belong to Spader, now. Wasn't sure if that (and the inclusion of the song "Jolene") was meant to be meta or was just The Blacklist being Blacklist-ey, but I got a big kick out of both.

Also, was it weird for anyone else to see Rachel Brosnahan as Jolene/Lucy hot on the heels of seeing her as Rachel Posner on House of Cards

(edited)
This was my first Blacklist.  Loved Red since Boston Legal.  WIll watch in fall.

You may want to hold your decision to watch in the fall until you see a few more episodes.  You may love Red, most of us here in the forums do, but it's the rest of the show that has major issues (with the biggest issue being Lizzie Keene and that awful wig on her head).

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Like 1
(edited)

I think it's worth it for James Spader and a long line of B-list journeyman actors of the eighties in showy guest starring roles, but @ottoDbusdriver's not wrong. Even leaving aside what appear from her other roles to be the actress' limitations, it's written as roughly an equal amount of Lizzie Keen being both petulant and astonishingly dimwitted and other characters talking about how intelligent and lively she is. Far back in third place: everything else.

Edited by Julia
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

You may want to hold your decision to watch in the fall until you see a few more episodes.  You may love Red, most of us here in the forums do, but it's the rest of the show that has major issues (with the biggest issue being Lizzie Keene and that awful wig on her head).

Thank you for this confirmation. I am watching on DVD and every time I look at Lizzie, all I can think is she has a head so big it rivals Oprah, and that cheesy wig isn't helping. But then I thought maybe it s her hair because surely a clearly well financed who could do better than that misaligned dead animal in her head.

So the confirmation of villain Tom is finally confirmed. I knew for certain when Lizzie's dad died and he had that talk with Red. Eye movement and body language completely gave him away as being something other than what he was trying to appear. I almost give him a pass though. Because Lizzie comes across as a bit of a dim bulb, who feels unjustifiably entitled to her new position, even though she did nothing to earn her placement other than being Red's pet.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don't know. Am I really supposed to root for the guys who beat a confession out of a man? Sure execution seems a bit harsh, considering he did it, but still. I was kinda fine with either outcome there...

It's interesting that they used the slowed down version of Jolene. Always loved that one.

So the husband is a super secret spy afterall. Was always on the fence about it. Well, at least it now makes sense that he puts up with all her bullshit. Although it will probably turn out that he actually fell in love with her along the way and is now trying to protect her or some bullshit like that...