Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: The Pokémon Society

AgentRXS

Learning he's not into baseball cards, Coach Mellor encourages Toby to be competitive in CB's Pokemon Club and becomes an overbearing sports-type father. Meanwhile, Lainey supplements her salary as a teacher by working at the local video store and learns an important lesson.

Original air date: December 4, 2019

Wow, no comments at all.  I guess I'll say something, maybe someone will chime in.

Lainey really uses some bad judgement when dealing with her students sometimes.  I liked that Glascott shamed the parents for complaining about her R rated movie scheme, when teachers are underpaid and dedicated to teaching their kids.  Didn't expect that.

Mellor goes overboard as usual, but we got the happy, warm hearted ending.  I never played Pokemon, but it looked kind of fun.

"Pokemon was a Japanese card game in the 90s."

Was?  WAS?  No, show.  You are wrong.  Pokemon is not a "was".  Pokemon is alive and well and my six year old talks about it every...single...day.  It's been going strong for 22 years with no signs of slowing down.  They might as well have said, "Back in the 90s, there was a pop star named Justin Timberlake."  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I loved how Glascott handled Lainey's complaints in his office. Dialing the moviefone line lol writing out that sticky note lol I LOVE Glascott and I'm glad the show seems to be more of an ensemble than all about Lainey the Teacher. I like this much more than The Goldberg's especially recently since TG is just churning out the same stories over and over. 

• Love 5

I want one of those Pokemon jackets. This episode was giving me major flashbacks to being in elementary school in the late 90s-early 00s and the scandal when they were banned, lol.

They are leaning in super hard to the Mellor as father figure to Toby subplots, given that he's only been dating his mom a few months at most.

• Love 1

Oh yeah, 90s Pokemon trend! I looooooved Pokemon when I was a kid (they got banned from my elementary school outside of recess because people were playing them too much!) and I still love them, I cant lie. 

Really fun episode, loved seeing all of the teachers side hustles, and Lainey and her easy to discover Blockbuster scam! Poor teachers really do deserve better salaries, that struggle is so very real. 

Glascott handling Lainey complaining about her lack of good salary was hilarious. Welcome to movie phone! 

It was even fun seeing the sketchy girl from The Goldburgs again, and a wild Martin Starr appears! 

• Love 1