Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Sick and Retired

Carol's dear friend Phyllis is admitted to the hospital; Carol jealously witnesses what retirement would have looked like for her; Daniel takes credit for Caleb's excellent diagnosis and is bothered when Caleb doesn't seem to mind.

Airdate: Thursday, November 21, 2019

I liked this episode.  I'm starting to learn more of the characters names and quirks.  Carol and Phyllis were good together.  Deciding when to retire and what to do when you do retire is a quandary and it's easy to second-guess whether it was the best decision or not, so I enjoyed that aspect.  Any scene is made better by Nurse Dennis being in it.

• Love 5

I liked this episode too, it finally had a different plot line from Carol looks like she's making mistakes, but ends up getting everything right. And Jane Kaczmarek! Hello again. I really bought them as old friends.

Not enough Dennis.

• Love 3

Yes, finally a good episode.  Carol was toned down and Jane K and her scenes were fun to watch. I missed Denise too and I'm not sure what they are waiting for to develop the relationship between Carol and the Twin Peaks guy, who i also like and want to see more of.  

• Love 1

I like Carol and Dr. Frost's friendship. I kind of want to see it develop into something more, but then I think that would be creepy since he's in a position of authority. 

It took me a little while to place Jane K. The grey hair threw me off. She looks great, though. 

• Love 1

I'm all for enthusiasm and "being yourself," but in this episode Carol reverted to her character in the first couple of episodes.  She clearly loves being a doctor, but she's just too "on" all the time.  Maybe one more episode for me and only if Nurse Dennis plays a bigger part in it.

Edited by schnauzergirl
On 11/23/2019 at 12:39 AM, jewel21 said:

It took me a little while to place Jane K. The grey hair threw me off.

But, the voice! It's always the voice for me. Looks change, but the voice changes very little.

• Useful 1