Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Paddy's Has a Jumper

• Start Topic

While a suicidal man threatens to jump off Paddy's pub, the gang wonders whether they should help the poor man or let him fall to his death.

They went pretty dark, and it's hard to top themselves on that these days. But I was disappointed in how it ended with a fizzle, even if that was probably the point.

Complex questions, simple answer: yes, Frank fucks a casaba melon. And he’ll probably do it again, this time while baked out of his gourd and thinking of Jackie Denardo.

Sure, watching the Gang debate whether to help a suicidal man jump on the roof is par for the course, it’s still fun watching the characters fill their niches . . . especially with Mac being religious and in denial about his dad naming him after a clown (did “Mac Finds His Pride” actually happen?), Dee getting taken down for making innocent comments (this time, she’s framed as a butt-eating slut and a pathetic would-be suicide), and Dennis keeps insinuating that he’s a sociopath. Good times.

Didn’t two McPoyle brothers jump off the roof and live? Well, one fell, but it was odd not hearing them mentioned.

The really sad thing? Cricket would probably still eat that casaba melon, loads and all 🤮

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Didn’t two McPoyle brothers jump off the roof and live? Well, one fell, but it was odd not hearing them mentioned.

No.  One of them was hanging off the ledge while the other was holding him, while dramatic music played.  Then he let go, and the brother fell 3 inches and landed on his feet, unharmed.  The other climbed down the nearby ladder.

Isn't Paddy's a pretty short building?  A jumper would probably break some bones, but survive.

• Love 1

I wrote that last reply before I actually watched the episode.  I didn't realize that was the entire point of the show.

I loved their quasi-religious devotion to "the algorithm".

Jackie Denardo is so hot.  I mean they're probably doing some tricks to make her boobs look bigger but I don't care.

Kind of a weak episode for this season, although still amazing compared to the horrid mess of bottle episodes that was last season.  I still don't understand what happened there.  Did FXX cut the budget because of the gap between 12 and 13?  Or did they just blow all their money on that Superbowl episode?

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:15 AM, Amarsir said:

"Paddy's Has a Jumper".

While a suicidal man threatens to jump off Paddy's pub, the gang wonders whether they should help the poor man or let him fall to his death.

I thought this was a rather weak ep, probably b/c I remember the McPoyle brothers jumping off the roof unharmed. Nice callback to Maurine Ponderosa, though, and yes, I am sure Rickety Cricket wouldn't care about what was inside Frank's melon. Oh! What happened to the scene with Bill Ponderosa?

• Love 1

I was just surprised to hear Frank refer to Dennis as his son so much throughout it. I'd sort of had the impression that once the Reynolds realised Bruce was the twins biological father that their familial relationship with Frank sort of petered out.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, AllyB said:

I was just surprised to hear Frank refer to Dennis as his son so much throughout it. I'd sort of had the impression that once the Reynolds realised Bruce was the twins biological father that their familial relationship with Frank sort of petered out.

Whatever it takes to get past the police line...