Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Hakuna Matata

ohjoy

Coming off the musical success of "Rent" last year, Lainey is asked to direct a school production of "The Lion King," but she fears she can't top herself. Meanwhile, Coach Mellor's athletic records may soon be broken, so he must find a way to keep his name in the spotlight.

Original air date: November 6, 2019

Kind of a weak episode, I thought, but I agree Mellor and Glascott are good together.  It was nice of Glascott to name the building after him.

And I did laugh at the animals they made.  Especially the giraffe:  "It looks like you just cut him down from the gallows".

• Love 2

I agree. Nothing about this episode stood out too much. I also felt that Mellor was pretty unlikable here. He even broke the handle of Glascott's coffee glass. They made up at the end, but still.

Mellor and Glascott have really great chemistry, even when Mellor is being a dick to Glascott and even his students and fellow coach. The jokes about how weird pole vaulting is were pretty hilarious though. "Its so random!"

Those animals were horrifying! "It looks like it was killed and came back for revenge." And damn, Wilma can sing

Hi Dave Kim! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Lili said:

I also felt that Mellor was pretty unlikable here. He even broke the handle of Glascott's coffee glass. They made up at the end, but still.

To be fair, Mellor breaking the mug was an accident, and he immediately left to glue the handle back on.  He was being a bit of a narcissist though.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, mojoween said:

Is the R. Mellor Athletic Center a real thing? Because I have to admit that unexpectedly made me tear up.

I don't know the answer to that.  But they did show those real life pole vaulters at the end.  Made me wonder if the real Rick Mellor acted like a jackass when kids started to break his records.  🙂

I did get a little teary when I saw the gym named after Rick. Pretty cool.

I was totally out of the Lion King plot, mainly because Disney didn't authorize school productions until 2015. The show was too new. Of course I thought the same thing with Phantom on the Goldbergs. They are so close to NYC, I can't imagine they could do a bootleg version and get away with it. Also, CB - who I usually love - was annoying with that Hakuna Matata stuff. Well, until he and Wanda started singing it. That was cute.